Annoying Breaking News

Nagatus

Thread

Thread

Have a look through these recent Threads, it might help

None of those help, thank you for the suggestion though.

Breaking news still keeps popping up and moving the whole screen up/down every time. :)

I guess I have to find another site to look for information, this is now unusable for me.

Just weird how something that silly is forced upon you, specially when the news are old most of the time :D

Cheers

Have you tried Firefox, because it certainly doesn't happen to me? Not even sure if this could be a reason, just trying to eliminate possibilities.

Tried, no help, it is the browser I am using all time

No help using chromium either

cant use ie not on windows

Have you tried Firefox, because it certainly doesn't happen to me? Not even sure if this could be a reason, just trying to eliminate possibilities.

Tried, no help, it is the browser I am using all time

No help using chromium either

cant use ie not on windows

Tried a couple of the suggestions but still the same problem, guess I will stay away until the fix is in place..............

THe newws ticker sas well as constanty usihg bandwidth breaks many accessibility standards as it can seriously affectr many people with disabilities. George can message me if he wants more info on this. Many sites do not care about people with disabilities but I thought this forum was generally suportive but it should include their needs in its design.

i use firefox and it does it constantly for me. ever since the breaking news thing was added i only look at TV for about 1 minute/day vs. one hour before, the jumping thing drives me crazy.

Hi Harry,

I would be interested in reading more about that, can you give me some directions on where to look for this informaton. Thanks mate.

These should give you a good start though it takes several years to really understand disability and accessibility ( or perhaps you never can as each case is different). Accessibilty is notjust a matter of checking off checklists (although if it fails these the site is definitely inaccessible.) it is more a matter of designing for all needs.

http://www.w3.org/WAI/

http://www.webaim.org/

this is from the w3c guidlines as it relates to this particular problem.

2.2.2 Pause, Stop, Hide: For moving, blinking, scrolling, or auto-updating information, all of the following are true: (Level A)

• Moving, blinking, scrolling: For any moving, blinking or scrolling information that (1) starts automatically, (2) lasts more than five seconds, and (3) is presented in parallel with other content, there is a mechanism for the user to pause, stop, or hide it unless the movement, blinking, or scrolling is part of an activity where it is essential; and

• Auto-updating: For any auto-updating information that (1) starts automatically and (2) is presented in parallel with other content, there is a mechanism for the user to pause, stop, or hide it or to control the frequency of the update unless the auto-updating is part of an activity where it is essential.

Note 1: For requirements related to flickering or flashing content, refer to Guideline 2.3.

Note 2: Since any content that does not meet this success criterion can interfere with a user's ability to use the whole page, all content on the Web page (whether it is used to meet other success criteria or not) must meet this success criterion. See Conformance Requirement 5: Non-Interference.

Note 3: Content that is updated periodically by software or that is streamed to the user agent is not required to preserve or present information that is generated or received between the initiation of the pause and resuming presentation, as this may not be technically possible, and in many situations could be misleading to do so.

Note 4: An animation that occurs as part of a preload phase or similar situation can be considered essential if interaction cannot occur during that phase for all users and if not indicating progress could confuse users or cause them to think that content was frozen or

/quote

Accessibility however is not just a matter of checklists.

I have finally figured it out. My computer screen is 17 inches and if my browser fills the screen it jumps around. I found that if I narrow the browser the Breaking News feed line gets wider and the jumping stops.

Thank you, that's the solution :) .