Ff 3.5 Permanent Crashes

raro

I am using FF 3.5.5 and Win 7 Pro with no problems. If I were you, I'd uninstall FF including your settings, download 3.5.5 and start over. FF is a great browser but develops glitches over time.

I am using FF 3.5.5 and Win 7 Pro with no problems. If I were you, I'd uninstall FF including your settings, download 3.5.5 and start over. FF is a great browser but develops glitches over time.

I do this atleast once a fortnight (Full FF uninstall not just from the progs list) and then reinstall from a fresh download, my issues remain the same.

Are you using any add-ons? The Skype add-on (installed by default with a Skype install) was causing my FF browser to crash constantly. Disabling the add-ons one at a time until the crashes stopped was how I troubleshot it.

Edited by Rice_King

Since Firefox 3.6 is now Beta 4, I have downloaded and installed it. So far I can see no problems but it is too early to tell. The installation went smoothly and everything from 3.5.5 is still there.

Been ruinning W 7 evaluation copy for several months and have FF3.5, no problems at all.

yes there was a problem with the Skype add on but seems to be OK now.

Suggest you contact one of the W 7 help desks. I have found them very good and responsive, and I haven't even paid for mine yet.

Hmm.. maybe that's why they are so helpful :)