Having purchased land recently in Pranburi I want to get a usufruct on it for myself. The local office down there isnt keen to do it so can it be done in Bangkok? Is there a standard government form we can just fill in or do we have to get it drawn up by a lawyer? Land is Nor sor sam gor.

Thanks in advance

I had a usufruct registered on my wife's land in Pranburi in July and there was no problem at all, just paid a fee of 75 baht. My wife's land is also Nor Sor 3 Ghor. The process was swiftly handled by our out of town solicitor (Thai) using power of attorneys from us.

I had a usufruct registered on my wife's land in Pranburi in July and there was no problem at all, just paid a fee of 75 baht. My wife's land is also Nor Sor 3 Ghor. The process was swiftly handled by our out of town solicitor (Thai) using power of attorneys from us.

Thanks what costs were involved ie solicitors fee and could i have his contact details? Thanks

Thanks what costs were involved ie solicitors fee and could i have his contact details? Thanks

I used Issan Lawyers, a TV sponsor, and I have only praise to say about Sebastien as his work was first class and at a very reasonable rate. I have replied to the PM you sent me.

Hi all I am getting conflicting advice from various sources. So here are my questions.

The land w e bought is in Pranburi and we went to the Sam Roi Yot district office where we got all the paperwork stamped and paid whatever taxes etc before being handed the nor sor sam ghor papers.

The next day we phoned the same office to ask about the Usufruct but they were not keen to do it not because they couldnt but because they were afraid of someone in a higher position in another office nearby who didnt like doing this.

They siuggested we got it all done in Bangkok and sent down to them.??

1. Is there a form available from the land office already standardised which i can just sign or do I have to get a lawyer to draw up a usufruct.

I am not interested in a divorce scenario with my wife (she can have the land) but in the event of her death early I want to be able to use it for myself.

2 Im not sure where I should be doing this for the sam Roi yot area? is there another office near there we could go to but preferably NOT in hua Hin where they require tea money which Im opposed to.

Lawyers are saying it will cost 16-18ooo baht whic seems a lot to me as to register it is only about 100 baht?

Thanks

Edited by yabaaaa

In my case, they thumbed through a book of forms and asked if we wanted the fixed time period or the remainder of my life option. Seemed easy enough.

If you are dealing with a recalcitrant official, then all I can say is good luck. Hope you find a workaround that doesn't cost much. Can't be more helpful as I'm located in the far northern reaches, deep in the Rai.

In my case, they thumbed through a book of forms and asked if we wanted the fixed time period or the remainder of my life option. Seemed easy enough.

If you are dealing with a recalcitrant official, then all I can say is good luck. Hope you find a workaround that doesn't cost much. Can't be more helpful as I'm located in the far northern reaches, deep in the Rai.

They also say they want to know where the money came from even though I have signed the paper saying it will all belong to my wife in the event of a divorce!!

They are saying sin sod is not acceptable, and i cant give her the money either!!

Duno why they just dont make the rules up as they go along..................oh hang on.........................

Edited by yabaaaa

engaging a lawyer has its advantages...

I was away at work and engaged Sunbelt to prepare an usufruct agreement(the draft sent to me for review and comment) and accompany my wife to the land office to register the arrangement on the chanote...on the day, the prick officer proceeded to lecture my wife on the evils that falangs do with usufructs...the Sunbelt lawyer apparently just said politely 'are you finished?...then please get on with it...'

if my wife would've been alone she would've been intimidated and left...if I would've been there with her without a lawyer I probably would've done something regrettable :)

Sunbelt's service is not cheap but we certainly got our money's worth...

engaging a lawyer has its advantages...

I was away at work and engaged Sunbelt to prepare an usufruct agreement(the draft sent to me for review and comment) and accompany my wife to the land office to register the arrangement on the chanote...on the day, the prick officer proceeded to lecture my wife on the evils that falangs do with usufructs...the Sunbelt lawyer apparently just said politely 'are you finished?...then please get on with it...'

if my wife would've been alone she would've been intimidated and left...if I would've been there with her without a lawyer I probably would've done something regrettable :)

Sunbelt's service is not cheap but we certainly got our money's worth...

Yes w e shall do this have used sunbelt before it just kinda narks me a bit to use 16000 baht when its really unecessary, ho hum.

Wife has downloaded the appropriate form with the usufruct agreement on it all available online and standardised including questions on where the funding came from etc.

I dont understand why you cant give your own wife the money after all they will always keep the land.