Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:) Awesome footwear ! I like them!

EDIT:

That's like (Kangaroo) leather gloves for your feet...amazing and cool: :D

post-13995-1259857861_thumb.jpg

http://www.vibramfivefingers.it/eng/performa.aspx

If I would have a shop (or shops) in Thailand -beach areas- I would start selling them right away.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

this is a warning to anyone considering to order the FiveFingers in Sinpapore:

We have ordered them about 4 weeks ago and payed through our Paypal-account. The Singapore dealer Innovatez is very helpul and shipped already the very next day - unfortunately through Fedex...

After 10 days with the shoes already in Bangkok, status on Fedex was still "customs delay", so we've complained with Fedex. In the afternoon of that very day, they have sent us the invoice for customs, tax and Fedex fees which was in total 90 % of the order value!!!

We requested Fedex then to inform us why the invoice can be that high and it turned out, that they've calculated customs and other fees on basis US$ whereas the invoice was - of course - in Singapore Dollars.

Fedex promised then to send an updated invoice but nothing happened for another two weeks.

We now try with Innovatez that they call the shoes back to Singapore.

So, safe yourself the trouble: I can only highly recommend to rather book a cheap flight to Singapore and by the shoes there!

As I wrote, it's not the fault of Innovatez, they are really helpful - but with Fedex we feel like in the hand of criminals and there is nothig you can do.

Christian

• 3 weeks later...

Saw some in Platinum Mall Pratunam yesterday. The quality wasn't that good and I am pretty sure they were knock-offs brought in from PRC.

I am also looking for the genuine article but so far no luck.

• 8 months later...

Saw some in Platinum Mall Pratunam yesterday. The quality wasn't that good and I am pretty sure they were knock-offs brought in from PRC.

I am also looking for the genuine article but so far no luck.

Actually there is in Platinum Mall (left tower 5th floor), they're not original, but the price is good enough to give a try 1100 THB

• 8 months later...

Had a pair brought in from the US. Love em. Be very careful following sizing directions. There are no Authorized dealers in Thailand yet, but you do see fakes. And FILA has come out with a similar shoe that I have seen at Central World. Difference is that they are thicker/stiffer on the sole. And they combine the last 2 small toes to make it easier to put on. I don't like fakes, and the FILA look like their design defeats the purpose, at least for a minimal shoe. Good Luck

• 4 months later...

I just wanted to bring this thread back up. Does anyone know of a store in Bangkok that has authentic fivefingers? I have an older pair but want to try out vibram's newer models, try out the sizing and maybe get a new pair.

And also, has anyone seen Merrell barefoots in stores?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

and i thought crocs were fugly.

Now THATs funny! cheesy.gif

but on a serious side, i'm learning that the shoe issue is a big deal (pun intended) here in TL. Finally found a used pair that fit in rayong. the sole separated from the body on my 3 hike around Koh Somet. sad.png Now i need some Shoe Goo. laugh.png any one with ideas on where i can get some in TL? My buddies are willing to ship me shoes and shoe goo, but i'm finding it hard to accept paying $40 shipping on a $35 shoe!

and before i get blasted, Hell yes i'm CHEAP.

I'm a half asian and half african american US army brat,

but my friends have accused me of being 99% scottish! biggrin.png

• 4 weeks later...

:rolleyes: Awesome footwear ! I like them!

EDIT:

That's like (Kangaroo) leather gloves for your feet...amazing and cool: cool.gif

post-13995-1259857861_thumb.jpg

http://www.vibramfiv...g/performa.aspx

If I would have a shop (or shops) in Thailand -beach areas- I would start selling them right away.

LaoPo

Yeh Thai people would love these except for the price! surprising there are no copies around, I have not seen any around Bangkok or up country anywhere? like you say....could be an opportunity here.

SIAM PARAGON

Are you sure about this? I went there a few weeks ago and no-one knew what I was talking about. I have seen a couple of people wearing them in Bangkok, if anyone knows where I can get a pair I would be grateful.

Cheers

I'm one of those people you see. I've looked and haven't seen them anywhere in Bangkok, although Adidas have a similar model that I've seen in Terminal 21 and I know someone with a pair. Your best option is to buy them online, but if you haven't tried them before it's best to try a pair on for sizing, as different styles fit differently.

I've just bought 2 pair of Inov-8's from a UK website and although I didn't have to pay VAT, I got hit with 3000 Baht import tax. Someone told me anything under $100 gets through ok though, so try and keep any order below that. Don't use ebay though as there are a lot of fakes on there (I know because I bought a pair and they were awful).

They definitely have them in Singapore and according to their website they are available in Malaysia as well.

SIAM PARAGON

Are you sure about this? I went there a few weeks ago and no-one knew what I was talking about. I have seen a couple of people wearing them in Bangkok, if anyone knows where I can get a pair I would be grateful.

Cheers

I'm one of those people you see. I've looked and haven't seen them anywhere in Bangkok, although Adidas have a similar model that I've seen in Terminal 21 and I know someone with a pair. Your best option is to buy them online, but if you haven't tried them before it's best to try a pair on for sizing, as different styles fit differently.

I've just bought 2 pair of Inov-8's from a UK website and although I didn't have to pay VAT, I got hit with 3000 Baht import tax. Someone told me anything under $100 gets through ok though, so try and keep any order below that. Don't use ebay though as there are a lot of fakes on there (I know because I bought a pair and they were awful).

They definitely have them in Singapore and according to their website they are available in Malaysia as well.

Thanks for the reply, I have seen them online, but I have been reluctant to order for the reasons you outline. I will have a look at T21. I am hopeful i will get a chance to buy them in Perth soon anyway. BTW the company in Singapore dont send shoes to Thailand for some reason.

• 3 weeks later...

Can these be worn anywhere or are they made for a particular activity? Look very cool but I fear they will get worn out quick. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

They have different models for different activities, there website lists which are best for what. Which model did you get and where did you order them from?

I've had a pair of KSO Trek for over 2 years now and they are still going strong, the only problem is when it rains they get slippy inside and my feet go black. The out sole and uppers are fine though, I originally ran in them for a few months but then used them just for walking/everyday use and bought a pair of KSO Trek Sport for running/gym, and apart from a plastic part come unattached from the leather, they are lasting well. Longer lasting than any other shoes I've had.

I ordered mine from directsportseshop.co.uk. I got a pair of KSO's. Wanted KSO trek but they didn't have any. If I like these though I'll get another. I only plan to use these for wearing around the house or if I go on holiday.