Macro Rental Price?

kbvicar

The macro man reckons the job will take less than a day and he has other work very close by so maybe I'm catching a break here. I know what a large macro charges per day so all I need is a ballpark figure...

We had a pond made deeper and the guy charged us 1,200 baht per hour. He was very good. Maybe because my wife watched his every move.

Thanks Maize and Gary. That's about what the larger Komatsu (PC120-200) rents for around here but all those are unavailable and a bit of overkill for my needs.

The one I saw yesterday was a smaller PC 30 but the operator didn't know what the owner charges per hour...

• 2 weeks later...

I paid 500 per hour for 1/2 to 1 day for a small macro (no idea of model, but came on a small trailer) last year, but for less than this I'd have to pay time for mob/demob (i.e. 1 extra hour). (now around 600/hr). A couple of years ago my gf's father rented a large macro & truck to extend a pond and use the dirt to raise some other land (which the macro then levelled). Cost was just 10,000 lump sum and took about 2.5 days,

• 2 weeks later...

It WAS impossible with a PC30. Obviously the owner wasn't the operator. I look the other way when we remove small trees with a B50.......

BTW we charge 600B/hr for this mini excavator, the going rate in the Surin area.

Edited by finner

now then boys, i had 4 ponds done on our land in lampaimat last year 3of them 10x4m x 2mdeep and the other one was 25mx2x2deep with all the soil banked up on the top and it cost me 25,000 and it took them just over 2 days to do, mery christmass every one,,, ron