Whats Your Girlie Fear?

sbk

Mine is rats. Rats, mice whatever, same thing. They are all vermin and send me shrieking. My sister is the same. I think it stems from the horror of watching our mother try to flush a mouse down the toilet when we were young. It just kept swimming back up. And rats are unpredictable. They leap out at you and try to crawl over you.

Snakes (non-poisonous ones that is), no problem. Giant spiders? nah. monitors, toukays etc? Kinda cool. But rats. <shudder> YUCK!

Whats your girlie fear? (guys are welcome to post their girlie fears too :) )

The only things I 'fear' are flying insects, the more big they are the more scary they are. Especially big black ones. :)

But not rats, I love them! I've kept pet rats for a few years now and I can't see them as anything but cute :D I love geckos and lizards too, don't mind snakes or spiders much. Just winged beasties...

A friend from a long time ago (10+ years) was pertrified of Snakes.

I remember the Snake Men coming round with their camera and she did not spot them in time. She saw the snake at the last minute, screamed and collapse into a hysterical heap on the floor. It was some 10 minutes before she calmed down.

It was explains that it was all due to a snake choking her when she was a child and her parents pulling it off when it wrapped itself round her neck.

I used to hate cockroaches and got really freaked out one time when I opened a cupboard door and one flew out straight at me.

I got over it now though, probably as I don't see so many around as I used to.

I have a mate (male) that's terrified of spiders and jumps up on a chair screaming if he sees one, just like in the cartoons when a woman sees a mouse, it's hilarious to see.

when a woman sees a mouse, it's hilarious to see.

walking on the streer last night suddenly woman next to me jumps! her BF in very concerned voice asks what the problem is, turns out there was a rat that ran across the street about 10 metres away :)

me:

cockroaches, esp when they fly!

snakes

spiders

birds

ants

worms

bees

moths

rats

did I mention BIRDS?

fleas/lice

mossies (not mossfinn...although the next category could make this redundant)

men :D

the list may not be exhaustive.......

Grizzly bears... camped near them... encountered them on hiking trails... chased by a black bear when young...

Um, bears is not a girlie fear, losworld. Bears is a healthy intelligent fear!

Umm, I used to be scared of spiders but I just got over that by living here to be honest.....they are everywhere. God really nothing. I find as I get older I am more nervous than I used to be. On fast bikes and stuff...oh and flying..which I never used to be. But not really a full blown fear.

Oh but weirdest fear I can think of. A girl I used to work with was TERRIFied of aubergines (zucchinis). Seriously. We all thought she was joking and we brought one in once. Lets just say she wasn't joking...quite a reaction.

i handle snakes spiders rats, alligators (baby ones) whatever. i hate monkeys. i hate spider webs. and i really really hate ketchup. no one is allowed to eat ketchup in my house with me near. yech....btw aubergine is eggplant not zucchini, but will let it slide, either way that is a really wierd phobia

but my real girlie fear is a freddy kruger type set up with some weird guy with a hatchet coming after me in the dark. im not afraid of our hyenas, jackals and whatever else lurks here in the desert at night but a mad terrorist/or just plain madman-- my major time fear (probably a real one giving where i live)... -been watching too many movies

bina

israel

lol, first time to Thailand & the resort I was staying at in Samui had a pet monkey, it had feet like peoples hands, have to admit it did freak me out a bit at first but after a while of playing swings & taking the little guy for walks I got used to it. Remember they were very soft. Was also had a pet otter at the resort next door that like to have walks on the beach & swims in the sea. Memory lane :)

Clowns are definitely freaky imo. Steven King tapped in on that one!

Not really a fear, but I have an irrational aversion to jelly like things..especially jelly. The look of it, particularly the wobbly factor makes me feel like throwing up. I hate seeing that black jelly stuff they sell at the market and have to look away. Blancmange is my biggest gag factor. I gag at anything porridgey too. Grule, Yok, porridge..gag.