Girl With Tattoo

needforspeed

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any myself, but don't mind a small tattoo somewhere discrete on girls. You see girls over here absolutely covered in them. Could it be a combination of fashion and the fact that they are just so cheap to get over here?

A girl I know went from one small, OK looking tattoo on her thigh, to a huge one covering her shoulders back and round to her other thigh. Completely ruined a gorgeous looking girl IMO. I think I managed to hide my shock when she proudly showed it off to me last week.

How many girls working in Royal garden or in the banks are sporting them?

I think a good Tat would be a price list!

Yes, I think that just about sums it up. In Pattaya especially a tattoo is pretty much a giveaway as to what they do for a living.

I've never been to Pattaya (I prefer the real Thailand) but I'm guessing a girl with a tattoo in Pattaya means they are a BG?

My wife (working Mon-Fri and studying weekends at Uni) got a tattoo last year which, IMHO, looks great. She also has many friends with a tattoo (one works in a bank), none of which are (or have ever been) bar-girls but if they went on holiday to Pattaya then people would presume they are whores just because they chose to have a tattoo?! Someone who thinks that every Thai girl with a tattoo is a whore says more about the mentality of that person and their views on Thai women than it does about having a tattoo. Is it just Thai women who are judged by a tattoo or every female? It's amazing it's almost 2010 and people are still so narrow-minded, open any magazine or watch MTV and there are plenty of Thai actresses/singers that have tattoos.

Just to add that many hi-so ladies and celebrities have been getting religious Buddhist tattoos by Ajarn Noo.

Bit of a marketing promotion. I believe it to be a lot less than claimed. And when they do have a tatoo, it is in a place that is discrete and can be covered in public. How would it look to be invited to a formal event where 1000+ of Bangkok's elite are gathered and the woman walks in with a DKNY OR Dior strapless dress on with a tatoo visible? She'd be the laughing stock of the event.

The easiest solution to this predicament is to have one's tatooed female companion either wear a Burqa or walk several paces behind. Out of sight, out of mind. :)

There are some right stuffy members on this forum. Maybe just reflects age? Anyway, each to their own i guess. Im just surprised by much of the narrow mindedness and superficiality. As for tattoos being permanent..i guess people are backwards in technology as well as backwards in mindset...ipl laser anyone? (..and no, its not costly or damaging, or evasive etc etc etc to have tattoos lasered off, if one decides to do so later down the line).

I did a bit of research on the internet, and, my findings are much as the educated people on this forum have commented....some tattoos appear to be a little over the top when they sport multi cloured full arm and back designs...I personally don't appreciate too much cover of tattoos......but if it makes the wearer feel better about themselves fine by me.......some tattoos are small and enticing, tastefully done, attract interest without being too full on, as indeed has been stated above....these I like. Very unoriginal and boorish comments like 'tramp stamp' should perhaps be directed by the posters in person at the male population with 'love and hate' Tattoos on their knuckles......or the other muscle men who enjoy wearing Tattoos......then perhaps they may change their sad opinions.......and appreciate that for years both men and women...formerly mostly men.....have been sporting tattoos.

Edited by 473geo

I like tattoos on girls. The more the better. Especially the really wild religious ones, all over a hot girl's back.. Awesome. So they'd need to be the standard Thai traditional 'just black' ones. But elaborate designs are welcomed. Plus you got something to read and admire.

( I most likely woudn't marry such a person, but that wasn't the question. :) )

By "really weird religious ones" do you mean the Khmer protective tattoos (i.e. sak yant in Thai)?

The only Thai people I have ever seen with those tattoos were men. Of course Angelina Jolie has some too, but she is not Thai. Another poster mentioned that some "hi-so" Thai women have been getting them from Ajarn Noo. I have not seen this. Is it a recent trend?

I like tattoos on girls. The more the better. Especially the really wild religious ones, all over a hot girl's back.. Awesome. So they'd need to be the standard Thai traditional 'just black' ones. But elaborate designs are welcomed. Plus you got something to read and admire.

By "really weird religious ones" do you mean the Khmer protective tattoos (i.e. sak yant in Thai)?

The only Thai people I have ever seen with those tattoos were men. Of course Angelina Jolie has some too, but she is not Thai. Another poster mentioned that some "hi-so" Thai women have been getting them from Ajarn Noo. I have not seen this. Is it a recent trend?

There are quite a few thai lady celebs with tattoos, just do a search. Ajarn Noo's samnak has a photo gallery of local who's who who have visited him to get inked (believe there are many more whose photo is not up there)

see this for the hottest women with ink.....Thai Tera Patrick is on the list

http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/hottest101_women_tattoos.htm

Below is the pic of another....believe her name is Aom

oqvnur.jpg

Edited by somluck

There are quite a few thai lady celebs with tattoos, just do a search. Ajarn Noo's samnak has a photo gallery of local who's who who have visited him to get inked (believe there are many more whose photo is not up there)

see this for the hottest women with ink.....Thai Tera Patrick is on the list

http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/hottest101_women_tattoos.htm

Below is the pic of another....believe her name is Aom

oqvnur.jpg

And if you watch and believe how these so-called hi-so's carry on in the Thai soaps seems most appropriate that they should also be getting their 'tramp-stamps"! :D

As for tattoos being permanent..i guess people are backwards in technology as well as backwards in mindset...ipl laser anyone? (..and no, its not costly or damaging, or evasive etc etc etc to have tattoos lasered off, if one decides to do so later down the line).

... and then there are those who are simply oblivious. You've posted this potentially damaging misinformation before, eek, and to be honest it's probably best you keep it to yourself. There are inherent risks even with the latest technology, such as infection, scarring, and then the aesthetics of skin pigment change and that certain colours will be more stubborn to remove than others leaving a patchy appearance. Multiple sessions will probably also be needed and it is costly. If anything in this thread is narrow-minded, it would be the notion of having a tattoo that one day could be removed if they no longer like it.

I personally don't like them and especially on chics. In those that can be seen, it's all about decoration and the 'look at me' aspect.

Still have some questions;

Getting yourself a tattoo is like a marriage :) a commitment for live, one post telling about laser treatment easy to remove any tattoo, but still keeping some scars, same as getting divorced.

One big difference i notice is that not many people getting married after just having one good evening/night with a partner off there dreams , but many people taking a tattoo based on first emotion as many tattoo shop located in entertainment area's, so is it just a decoration or do they realy want to tell a message????

As Skybluestu points out it's almost the year 2010..... but then it's also the real world.

How tattoos on women are viewed in Thailand has a great deal to do with exactly which women have tattoos and what type of tattoos they have.

Skyblustu does not have to come down from his 'Real Thailand' to Pattaya to see this.

The vast majority of Thai women sporting tattoos either work in the flesh trade or have previously worked in the flesh trade.

That a few 'Darlings' in the entertainment industry are getting tattoos might indicate a trend at the that end of society, but at best it is only going to go the way of the lower back tattoo back home.

One the chic must have of hippy starlets, now known as a 'Chav Belt'.

Skyblustu's high ideals of not being judged for having a tattoo neglect the simple fact that a Tattoo is a statement written on your skin - one should not be surprised if other people read the statement - nor that they might read a different message than was intended.

Traditionally in the West a tattoo was the sign of a low class person, a thug, or one lacking self esteem .....and I haven't seen anything in 2009 to change my opinion.

In the end it's a personal choice and I won't lose any sleep if you get one!

Very unoriginal and boorish comments like 'tramp stamp' should perhaps be directed by the posters in person at the male population with 'love and hate' Tattoos on their knuckles......or the other muscle men who enjoy wearing Tattoos......then perhaps they may change their sad opinions.......and appreciate that for years both men and women...formerly mostly men.....have been sporting tattoos.

Wait - am I reading this right? The threat of being beat up by "muscle men" because I don't like tattoos is supposed to change my "sad" opinion? Wrong - that only reinforces my low opinion of tattoos and those who "sport" them. In fact, your post reinforces my opinion.

Sorry, tattoos are just ugly, on either sex, of whatever ethnicity. That's my opinion. Never mind that tattoo needles are infecting many people with HIV, Hepatitis, and god knows what other incurable diseases (both directly and indirectly, through their sex partners). Now that's sad.

Never mind that tattoo needles are infecting many people with HIV, Hepatitis, and god knows what other incurable diseases (both directly and indirectly, through their sex partners). Now that's sad.

umm say what now?

Very unoriginal and boorish comments like 'tramp stamp' should perhaps be directed by the posters in person at the male population with 'love and hate' Tattoos on their knuckles......or the other muscle men who enjoy wearing Tattoos......then perhaps they may change their sad opinions.......and appreciate that for years both men and women...formerly mostly men.....have been sporting tattoos.

Wait - am I reading this right? The threat of being beat up by "muscle men" because I don't like tattoos is supposed to change my "sad" opinion? Wrong - that only reinforces my low opinion of tattoos and those who "sport" them. In fact, your post reinforces my opinion.

Sorry, tattoos are just ugly, on either sex, of whatever ethnicity. That's my opinion. Never mind that tattoo needles are infecting many people with HIV, Hepatitis, and god knows what other incurable diseases (both directly and indirectly, through their sex partners). Now that's sad.

where you got this information from, same page as the story few months ago that they found glass marbles from space in there backyard,

facts please, thank you

Never mind that tattoo needles are infecting many people with HIV, Hepatitis, and god knows what other incurable diseases (both directly and indirectly, through their sex partners). Now that's sad.

umm say what now?

Yeah, so if you have a tattoo, you may want to get checked for all diseases which can be transmitted by blood/needle. Even if incurable, there are treatments that can at least alleviate symptoms and keep the disease from progressing.

where you got this information from, same page as the story few months ago that they found glass marbles from space in there backyard,

facts please, thank you

Fair enough. Stand by...

Yeah, so if you have a tattoo, you may want to get checked for all diseases which can be transmitted by blood/needle. Even if incurable, there are treatments that can at least alleviate symptoms and keep the disease from progressing.

oh dear, suggest you get some proof of the "many" recent cases if that is your stance as you seem to be trolling imo.

Anyone who gets a tattoo knows well to check the sterilization process of their artist & the cleanliness of the studio they go to. There are always isolated cases of poor hygiene in the odd studio but this doesn't amount to "many" or that everyone with a tattoo would have caught something from getting one!! Jebus :)

Tattoo needles transmit dangerous diseases (sorry, I'm not allowed to post links):

(from cnn.com)

(Pamela Anderson infected with Hep C by tattoo needle. Hepatitis C, a liver disease caused by a viral infection, affects nearly 2 percent of Americans. A person can become infected by sharing needles for drug use, tattooing or body piercing... The disease can lead to serious, permanent liver damage and in many cases, death... some patients have no symptoms at all. Usually a lifelong infection. Spread by sexual contact or blood contact. No vaccine.)

(from preventdisease.com)

Other health risks.

In addition to allergic reactions and the unknown long-term health effects from the metal salts and carrier solutions that make up tattoo inks, there are other health risks involved. Skin infections, psoriasis, dermatitis and other chronic skin conditions, and tumors (both benign, and malignant) have all been associated with tattoos. Due to the use of needles in tattoo application, there is also the risk of contracting infectious diseases such as tetanus, herpes simplex virus, staph, HIV, AIDS, Hepatitis B and C, and even Syphilis. And those with tattoos might not be able to get a life-saving MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) test if they need one—some hospitals and testing locations will refuse to do an MRI on people with body tattoos due to the metal particles in the tattoo, which may cause a burning pain during the test.

If you plan on having your tattoo removed, you should be aware that some of the pigments used (especially Yellow #7) are phototoxic and may break down into toxic chemicals in the body when removed with UV light or laser, common techniques used in tattoo removal. The toxic end-products eventually wind up in the kidneys and liver, adding to your total body burden.

(from CDC - the US government's Centers for Disease Control)

<h2 id="featureTitle">Health and Safety of Tattoo Artists, Body Piercers, and Their Clients</h2>

Tattoo artists and body piercers should follow health and safety practices to protect themselves as well as their clients from bloodborne pathogens such as hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and/or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).

Body art is a popular form of self-expression. Tattoos and body piercings are typically created by professional tattoo artists and body piercers and appear on the body as permanent markings and decorative metal.

Health and safety procedures for body artists may be regulated by city, county, or state agencies. Reputable shops and tattoo parlors govern themselves and follow strict safety procedures to protect their clients – and their body artists.

Considering Body Art?

If you decide to get a tattoo or body piercing, make sure you go to a licensed facility and take time to discuss the safety procedures with the artists working at the shop or tattoo parlor. They should explain the process and clarify what they do to keep everyone safe and healthy by using sterile needles and razors, washing hands, wearing gloves, and keeping surfaces clean.

Safety Procedures

Body piercers and tattoo artists protect themselves and their clients when following safe and healthy practices, such as:

Use single-use, disposable needles and razors. Disposable piercing needles, tattoo needles, and razors are used on one person and then thrown away. Reusing needles or razors is not safe.

Safely dispose of needles and razors. Used needles and razors should be thrown away in a biohazard-labeled, disposable container to protect both the client and the person changing or handling the trash bag from getting cut.

Wash hands before and after putting on disposable gloves. Gloves are always worn while working with equipment and clients, changed when necessary, and are not reused.

Clean and sterilize reusable tools and equipment. Some tools and equipment can be reused when creating body art. Reusable tools and equipment should be cleaned and then sterilized to remove viruses and bacteria.

Frequently clean surfaces and work areas. Chairs, tables, work spaces and counters should be disinfected between procedures to protect both the health of the client and the artist. Cross-contamination (spreading bacteria and viruses from one surface to another) can occur if surfaces are not disinfected frequently and between clients. Any disinfectant that claims to be able to eliminate the tuberculosis germ can also kill HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C viruses. Use a commercial disinfectant, following the manufacturer’s instructions, or a mixture of bleach and water (1 part bleach to 9 parts water).

For more safe and healthy practices, please see Preventing Needlestick Injuries.

By following safety procedures, tattoo artists and body piercers protect themselves and their clients against exposure risks such as:

• Viruses, germs, and bacteria that can cause infections

Tuberculosis

Hepatitis B

Hepatitis C

HIV and AIDS

there is not one reason for the necessity of having a tattoo -

except some decorating effect and this is up to the owner of the skin!

On my behalf I find it not anymore so entertaining when the once beautiful piece of art turned

into some rather undefinable blob of blueish hue.

Aaaaaahh... well....

Tattoo needles transmit dangerous diseases (sorry, I'm not allowed to post links):

(from cnn.com)

(Pamela Anderson infected with Hep C by tattoo needle. Hepatitis C, a liver disease caused by a viral infection, affects nearly 2 percent of Americans. A person can become infected by sharing needles for drug use, tattooing or body piercing... The disease can lead to serious, permanent liver damage and in many cases, death... some patients have no symptoms at all. Usually a lifelong infection. Spread by sexual contact or blood contact. No vaccine.)

(from preventdisease.com)

Other health risks.

In addition to allergic reactions and the unknown long-term health effects from the metal salts and carrier solutions that make up tattoo inks, there are other health risks involved. Skin infections, psoriasis, dermatitis and other chronic skin conditions, and tumors (both benign, and malignant) have all been associated with tattoos. Due to the use of needles in tattoo application, there is also the risk of contracting infectious diseases such as tetanus, herpes simplex virus, staph, HIV, AIDS, Hepatitis B and C, and even Syphilis. And those with tattoos might not be able to get a life-saving MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) test if they need one—some hospitals and testing locations will refuse to do an MRI on people with body tattoos due to the metal particles in the tattoo, which may cause a burning pain during the test.

If you plan on having your tattoo removed, you should be aware that some of the pigments used (especially Yellow #7) are phototoxic and may break down into toxic chemicals in the body when removed with UV light or laser, common techniques used in tattoo removal. The toxic end-products eventually wind up in the kidneys and liver, adding to your total body burden.

(from CDC - the US government's Centers for Disease Control)

<h2 id="featureTitle">Health and Safety of Tattoo Artists, Body Piercers, and Their Clients</h2>

Tattoo artists and body piercers should follow health and safety practices to protect themselves as well as their clients from bloodborne pathogens such as hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and/or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).

Body art is a popular form of self-expression. Tattoos and body piercings are typically created by professional tattoo artists and body piercers and appear on the body as permanent markings and decorative metal.

Health and safety procedures for body artists may be regulated by city, county, or state agencies. Reputable shops and tattoo parlors govern themselves and follow strict safety procedures to protect their clients – and their body artists.

Considering Body Art?

If you decide to get a tattoo or body piercing, make sure you go to a licensed facility and take time to discuss the safety procedures with the artists working at the shop or tattoo parlor. They should explain the process and clarify what they do to keep everyone safe and healthy by using sterile needles and razors, washing hands, wearing gloves, and keeping surfaces clean.

Safety Procedures

Body piercers and tattoo artists protect themselves and their clients when following safe and healthy practices, such as:

Use single-use, disposable needles and razors. Disposable piercing needles, tattoo needles, and razors are used on one person and then thrown away. Reusing needles or razors is not safe.

Safely dispose of needles and razors. Used needles and razors should be thrown away in a biohazard-labeled, disposable container to protect both the client and the person changing or handling the trash bag from getting cut.

Wash hands before and after putting on disposable gloves. Gloves are always worn while working with equipment and clients, changed when necessary, and are not reused.

Clean and sterilize reusable tools and equipment. Some tools and equipment can be reused when creating body art. Reusable tools and equipment should be cleaned and then sterilized to remove viruses and bacteria.

Frequently clean surfaces and work areas. Chairs, tables, work spaces and counters should be disinfected between procedures to protect both the health of the client and the artist. Cross-contamination (spreading bacteria and viruses from one surface to another) can occur if surfaces are not disinfected frequently and between clients. Any disinfectant that claims to be able to eliminate the tuberculosis germ can also kill HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C viruses. Use a commercial disinfectant, following the manufacturer's instructions, or a mixture of bleach and water (1 part bleach to 9 parts water).

For more safe and healthy practices, please see Preventing Needlestick Injuries.

By following safety procedures, tattoo artists and body piercers protect themselves and their clients against exposure risks such as:

• Viruses, germs, and bacteria that can cause infections

Tuberculosis

Hepatitis B

Hepatitis C

HIV and AIDS

Thank you medic :)

Umm right so Pam Anderson who could also have caught Hep C from any number of other ways considering her sexual history & lifestyle?!!! Sorry you need to come up with a bit more than that to prove the point.

And the other link is a list of "possible" health risks, as I said, if you go to a good artist & clean studio then there is no risk.

If you are unfortunate to have an allergic reaction to the ink or anything else used then that is just an unfortunate reaction. SamE as the poor people who get a shot for something & get complications or have even died due to previously being unaware of allergies.

oh dear, suggest you get some proof of recent cases if that is your stance as you seem to be trolling imo. Anyone who gets a tattoo knows well to check the sterilization process of their artist & the cleanliness of the studio they go to.

No, dear, I'm certainly not "trolling" and I don't appreciate the accusation. There is a very real risk, as the links I've so diligently provided will verify. And while you can ask about the sterilization process and check for general "cleanliness", you can't see bacteria or viruses, and have to trust that these people are telling you the truth and are actually both knowledgeable and diligent in using disposable needles and/or sterilization procedures. Of course, if you do get a disease from a tattoo, good luck proving it in court. How can you prove you got it from the tattoo and not from some random sex partner, or whatever? And since there's really no way to prove it in court, there are no cases of tattoo artists being sued and put out of business (that I know of). This means that they really don't have much incentive to be super careful about sterilization.

Of course, you could argue that medical providers may also infect you, and it would also not be provable in court, and it would actually be in their interest to do so, because then they could treat you for that disease and bill your insurance company for more money. Hopefully few people would do this deliberately, but I think negligence and carelessness is a real risk.

But medical care (like sex) is a necessity, whereas tattoos, piercing, shooting heroin, etc. are entirely optional.

Yes, exactly. Thanks for the link as well. Another great site is http://www.sak-yant.com/

The only Thai people I have ever seen with those tattoos were men. Of course Angelina Jolie has some too, but she is not Thai.

Until quite recently I would have agreed with you. But I see it more and more. I met some girls recently who had their whole backs covered with Yantra tattoos, they were magnificent.

I've never been to Pattaya (I prefer the real Thailand) but I'm guessing

Sorry but a statement like that pushes a particular button in me.. Don't worry, it's me. No matter what the statement, you can't claim not to have experience at something and then take a wild guess. "I've never flown an aeroplane, but I'm guessing ..." whatever is about to follow is not bound be something with a lot of authority.

And then, if you did bother to visit Pattaya one day, you may find that it's more real Thailand than you imagined. Or alternatively, that the real Thailand is more like Pattaya than you imagined. (Almost but not quite the same thing).

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai