White Honda Click Bike 2yrs Old. No 825 - Stolen

Devil

Hi all, just to let you know had my only means of transport stolen - motor bike, from in front of my house in Cheongmon area, close to the Football Golf place. Must of been between 2am and 7am last night as I woke and noticed it had gone early this morning (it was locked)

Anyway went the Police in Chaweng with the Thai Land-lady I rent the house from. They said there has been many bikes stolen past 2-3 months... Thiefs take bikes by putting on the back of the pick up in the night, take of the liscence plate and sell the bike parts fast instead of taking to mainland to sell as a whole bike (news to me and obvioulsy the poilce know the game :) )

I am not even sure paying them (Police) any tip/money would do anything right now or get a speedy recovery, as they never even looked intersted for any hand outs?? as he had already resigned to the facts that there are loads of Honda Clicks on Samui all look the same when plate taken off and now its probably stored ready to be sold as parts to some bike shops here. (seems they know whats going on typical)

Not much they could do for me, just wanted a copy bike registration book and my details.

My place touches the main road but bike parks right in fornt of the door, so I guess easier for thiefs to pick it up and go. I foudn out from the land lady someone else lost two bikes near by (a police mans lol) never got back also. Now she bloody tells me!

Anyway its white with black like standard Honda Click, Plate No. 825 white plate.

Thanks and watch your bike lol. Life sucks sometimes, last problem I needed this month...

We will soon need to put the bike in the living room...

So true... spoke to a few neigbours near bye just to warn them, they all agreed its getting out of hand. Some of the bike rental shops near here are chaining their bikes or putting indoors.

The only thing I cant afford to loose is my notebook.

Sorry about your bike. I assume you don't have a dog do you? Well I'm not sure a dog really helps but it could scare those thieves away...

Na, no dog im not realy responsible enough to look after one long term, always moving or something.

Sorry about your bike. I assume you don't have a dog do you? Well I'm not sure a dog really helps but it could scare those thieves away...

Na, no dog im not realy responsible enough to look after one long term, always moving or something.

and we are all supposed to care about "the DEVIL" losing his stuff, why? :) ...seriously. ok, fine you think that name is "cool" but I think, "okay" maybe you like being and promoting evil...so why do I care about your lost bike? :D

happened to my friend couple months ago, police found the frame as previous post says they strip them down and sell parts. no consolation but i got robbed couple weeks ago, when i tell Thais they say be happy they just take your money and not your money and your life. its well out of hand now but seems same every where in Thailand where farangs stay. i want to move but is it out of frying pan into fire. anyway made mental note of 825.

happens quite a lot recently! sorry for that. they stole my bike too 2 month ago, still nothing found. it's crazy at the moment. last month they stole 4 bikes from a hotel staff house in choengmon. I am not sure BIB's have the situation under control.

any recent pictures of the bike?

I hope so.

Maybe OT, but a good point. A few snaps of your valuables just might help should the worse happen? :)

Sorry don't have any photos of the bike.

Frustrating to be with out transport for a few days. I will get a ugly second hand one next time :D

Thanks anyway everyone.

any recent pictures of the bike?

I hope so.

Maybe OT, but a good point. A few snaps of your valuables just might help should the worse happen? :)

Sorry don't have any photos of the bike.

Frustrating to be with out transport for a few days. I will get a ugly second hand one next time :D

Thanks anyway everyone.

yes good idea. anyway, I recommend to transfer your spare money to your home country. don't invest in new motorbikes or such fancy things. Thais envy your things quite quickly

Well, thanks for posting, its good to let people know this kind of thing is going on. Stripping them down for parts is a new one to me.

Seems you have to chain the bike to your house from now on. :)

Just curious... what kind of lock did you use? Did you secure it to something immovable?

If you used a standard bike lock (the ones with the circular-looking, tubular pin tumbler mechanism) keep in mind that those can be picked just as easily, if not faster, once you know how it's done (or if you've purchased the right tool through the internet, for example).

There are (unfortunately) all kinds of lock-picking 'how to' videos on the web now (mostly on youtube.com), and it would behoove everyone to set aside some time to watch some of these. I was shocked to learn just how unsecure most locks are, and the ONLY type of locks I use now are the harder-to-pick 'Abloy-like' mechanisms, such as the heavy-duty ISEO or ISON brands which are common in Thailand and can be found at Tesco, Big C, Carrefour, etc, and most hardware stores.

While you're at it, if you haven't already, invest in a cylinder cover (doorknob 'cup') with one of these abloy-like ISEO or ISON locks for both the front and back entrances to your house. Those simple cylinder locks (door-knob locks) are VERY easy to pick, as denoted in some of the videos (so, too, are the standard 'dead bolt'-type locks, unfortunately...) I always take one with me on the road and use it whenever possible. I'm sure it has deterred many a would-be thief (yes, hotel and guest house managers included....[ahem]) during my travels throughout SE Asia, where simple cylinder locks are standard fare...

and we are all supposed to care about "the DEVIL" losing his stuff, why? :) ...seriously. ok, fine you think that name is "cool" but I think, "okay" maybe you like being and promoting evil...so why do I care about your lost bike? :D

What an absolute **flame removed** of a Human Being...

I bet Jesus would care.

and we are all supposed to care about "the DEVIL" losing his stuff, why? :D ...seriously. ok, fine you think that name is "cool" but I think, "okay" maybe you like being and promoting evil...so why do I care about your lost bike? :D

I bet Jesus would care.

:D:D:)