Australian Consulate In Pattaya?

Fossil

Just wondering if there is an Australian Consular or diplomatic officer in Pattaya. I know there is a UK guy next to Immigration in Jomtien and also a Norwegian Consular office here somewhere. If not I guess I will just have to go to the Australian Embassy in Bangkok. The reason is I have to get my passport certified, and was hoping I could avoid going to Bangkok. Thanks one and all.

Fossil with an F.

No mate, it is a trip to BKK if it has to certified by an Oz official.

Most courts will accept a copy certified by public notary (many lawyers around town), it will cost about 500B, but save a trip to BKK.

Thanks for that, it was what I expected. It isn't for a court it's a Govt regulation for proof of identity. Anyhoo thanks again.

Fossil...with an ossil to go with the F

For proof of identity ONLY the Australian Embassy in BKK will suffice. Had the same problem when near Chiang Mai and the Australian Consular Official there was not allowed to certify documents - only BKK. Take your baht with you too as it's over 900 baht for the first rubber stamp for each document and nearly 300 baht for each subsequent rubber stamp. Cash only. Although second time I needed to go a laconic (Australian naturally) counter attendant was too lazy to do a receipt so I scored them for free! She'll be right mate!

Park at the Shell petrol station about 50 metres past the embassy.

For proof of identity ONLY the Australian Embassy in BKK will suffice. Had the same problem when near Chiang Mai and the Australian Consular Official there was not allowed to certify documents - only BKK. Take your baht with you too as it's over 900 baht for the first rubber stamp for each document and nearly 300 baht for each subsequent rubber stamp. Cash only. Although second time I needed to go a laconic (Australian naturally) counter attendant was too lazy to do a receipt so I scored them for free! She'll be right mate!

Park at the Shell petrol station about 50 metres past the embassy.

Thanks for that, and I used to park at that service station all the time. Sometimes had to slip an attendant 20 baht to allow it, but always without drama. Now I just have to pick a day and get up early enough! Oh, the pain!

Cheers all.