True Internet, Chiangmai

bangkok blue

I'm with TRUE and they offer an excellent service up in Chiangmai. 8MB package.... Far better than TOT have ever been able to manage

However I'm just wondering if they limit the download speed for torrents up here in Chiangmai, as it always tell me that a firewall/router is limiting my connection with Utorrent???

Not the firewall as I have allowed all possible exceptions... Maybe the router? Anyone else have this problem? If so how did you solve it?

Thanks for any help.

I am using 8Mbps True cable in Chiang Mai as well but I am moving to their new ADSL network that offers speed up to 16Mbps.

The torrent speed right now is quite satisfying but not that much. I think there is no limit as for some famous torrents I can get up to almost 800KB/s but usually I will only get around 200KB/s to 400KB/s which is already not bad. (So what's left can be used for normal web-surfing)

sometimes I get speeds of between 200-400... Right now though it's really slow, it could maybe be the swarm I'm getting it from. However I have the red exclamation mark telling me a router/firewall is blocking me connecting to others!?!?

Not the firewall, I've checked.... Baffled as to why sometimes it's fine... and others slow as shit!

• 1 year later...

I am using 8Mbps True cable in Chiang Mai as well but I am moving to their new ADSL network that offers speed up to 16Mbps.

The torrent speed right now is quite satisfying but not that much. I think there is no limit as for some famous torrents I can get up to almost 800KB/s but usually I will only get around 200KB/s to 400KB/s which is already not bad. (So what's left can be used for normal web-surfing)

May I ask the cost for 16 MBPS that you are considering? I am currently inBangkok and moving to Chiang Mai... curious what is the best service to thave. Thank you. Siri.