How to pay visa screw up from usa?

My American friend has overstayed his Visa by about 2-3 months, and owes the maximum fine to get out of LOS. He is also out of money. Can I pay his Visa costs from the USA?

A family member is willing to pay his flight back to the States, but is unwilling to pay the Visa fee, primarily because she doesn't know how to from the States.

ANY information as to how his fee can be paid from the USA, would be REALLY appreciated. Note that I've already gone to the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles, and they said that they wouldn't take a payment. Thank you ANYONE who will help!

ANY HELP IS WELCOME. I can be reached at [email protected]

[email protected]

You can arrange a wire transfer thru Western Union to his name in whatever bank of choice.

Hope it helps

Hi,

Western Union is OK in general, but they require a copy of the passport of the recipient showing the "current" visa in order to claim the money at their counters which could be a problem in this case.

If the person has an established bank account in Thailand it would be much easier to wire the funds directly (bank to bank) into this account or use an account of a friend etc.

opalhort

Well the problem you seem to be avoiding is getting his hands on the money. He may be trying to get more with

the story being told just to stay longer. At least he did not use the sick buffalo.

He would not owe the max of 20,000 baht if it was 3 months.

90 days x 200 baht. He got himself into the problem let him work his way out of it. Let him sit another 30 days he can pan handle 20 baht ( 50 cents) a day for food.

You can arrange a wire transfer thru Western Union to his name in whatever bank of choice.

Hope it helps

Hi,

Western Union is OK in general, but they require a copy of the passport of the recipient showing the "current" visa in order to claim the money at their counters which could be a problem in this case.

If the person has an established bank account in Thailand it would be much easier to wire the funds directly (bank to bank) into this account or use an account of a friend etc.

opalhort

I don't think that would work either,As I was going to do that for a deposit once for the visa requirement,and Both CITIBANK in BKK and SIAM bank where I have an acct. said that it would take 30 days for money to be credited to my acct. if this is not so, then I would like to hear about how it really works.This was told to me in BKK CM,and phetchabun.

I don't think that would work either,As I was going to do that for a deposit once for the visa requirement,and Both CITIBANK in BKK and SIAM bank where I have an acct. said that it would take 30 days for money to be credited to my acct. if this is not so, then I would like to hear about how it really works.

Not true.  Should be less than 48 hours unless weekend/holiday by SWIFT transfer.  Always have next business day using BBL from US bank account.

Believe they were thinking about checks - in that case there is a month or more delay in credit.  But wire is immediate.

Agree that banks take 30 days to clear a check drawn out of Thailand. I don't know the fees for Western Union but if it is more than $40.00 then it would be advisable to use the SWIFT account. They charge $40 for international transfers and you can purchase Thai baht instead of US dollars when you make the transfer. This will avoid any shortfall on the banks exchange rate. Citibank will transfer Thai baht. I believe Bank of America will do the same. They have an office at the Hilton Conrad next to the US Embassy. I would avoid the US Embassy.

Another alternative is to deposit cash to his credit card and let him withdraw the funds here. All US credit card companies have a special overnight service for express payments.

Hope this helps.

advisable to use the SWIFT account. They charge $40 for international transfers and you can purchase Thai baht instead of US dollars when you make the transfer. This will avoid any shortfall on the banks exchange rate. Citibank will transfer Thai baht. I believe Bank of America will do the same. They have an office at the Hilton Conrad next to the US Embassy. I would avoid the US Embassy.

1.  Your US bank makes the charge and it can vary from about $25 to $65.

2.  You should never exchange to baht in USA if you want the best rate.  Let the exchange occur here, even if you have to over send the amount a bit.

3.  It is the job of the US Consulate/ACS to help.  And they will.

Guest IT Manager
Well the problem you seem to be avoiding is getting his hands on the money. He may be trying to get more with

the story being told just to stay longer. At least he did not use the sick buffalo.

90 days x 200 baht. He got himself into the problem let him work his way out of it. Let him sit another 30 days he can pan handle 20 baht ( 50 cents) a day for food.

Whilst I rarely jump, that is the most self centred thing you have ever said and you have said some. If you have nothing better to do then kick people when they are down, you should consider shutting up you twerp.

Whilst I rarely jump, that is the most self centred thing you have ever said and you have said some. If you have nothing better to do then kick people when they are down, you should consider shutting up you twerp.

Out of money and overstay 2 to 3 months. Then asking the family to bail him out. I don't feel sorry for him. Why would they not just send the money to him rather than trying to pay the visa for him( could be they do not trust him, good reason not to). Buck Wheat, your comment is noted. I consider it a compliment coming from such an honorary person as yourself.

IT helped him out maybe.

Just from the post it would be safe to say 90% that the guy

fell in love or listened to people that promote very poor advise

Better to be discouraging and negative than sugar coat things. Being hit with cold facvts is much better than failing.

It definetly promotes better thinking.

I have given my share to the needy in both places of home and overseas. They seem to not learn from their mistakes

and will repeat until they do land hard. If some would come out and tell it like it is there sure would be alot more thinking

and less in trouble. After the many thousands of boarder hoppers it has come to a point where families may suffer.

I bet this same guy would not give a hoot about others that

it may effect. Buy the big car that needs more gas because you can least afford it then complain about gas prices.