Elderly Scotsman Dies Alone In Pattaya Hotel

Rimmer

An elderly Scotsman was found dead, his body in a relatively advanced state of decomposition, in his room at a Pattaya hotel on 8 December, 2009. Police were informed and an autopsy was conducted to determine the cause of death, which was later thought to have been from a heart attack.

Pattaya, 9 December, 2009 [PDN]: At 1am on December 8, Pattaya Police Investigator, Pol. Lt. Col. Wirawut Milai, was notified that the dead body of a foreigner has been found in Room 714, on the 7th Floor of the Diana Estate Hotel, Soi Bua Khaow. A police team was sent to investigate.

Arriving at the incident scene, police were faced with the dead body of Mr. Gordon Miller, aged 72, from Glasgow, Scotland. He was lying exposed, on his right side, on the floor next to the bed. Police examined the body but found no wounds or signs of a struggle, only a pile of clothes on the bed. Mr. Miller’s body was then taken for autopsy to discover the exact cause of death.

After medical teams had examined the body, Pol. Lt. Col. Wirawut Milai announced that Mr. Miller had been dead for minimum of 3 days and had probably died from a heart attack. Police filed a report of the death before contacting the British Embassy, which would inform the family so they could make arrangements for a funeral.

pattayadailynews.com

RIP...knowing your atoms will keep spinning as long as there's a universe :)

Unfortunately, this kind of story will become more and more commonplace considering the number of elderly farang bachelors who call Pattaya home.

Nothing unfortunate about an elderly man dying its what happens get over it, at least he had fun running about Pattaya in his latter days.

Unfortunately, this kind of story will become more and more commonplace considering the number of elderly farang bachelors who call Pattaya home.

Nothing unfortunate about an elderly man dying its what happens get over it, at least he had fun running about Pattaya in his latter days.

Well it is a little sad that the poor man lay there three days before anybody noticed or found him.

Pattaya can be the most gregarious place on Earth and at the same time the lonelyest.

RIP

My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here; My heart's in the Highlands a-chasing the deer.

Robert Burns

Well it is a little sad that the poor man lay there three days before anybody noticed or found him.

Pattaya can be the most gregarious place on Earth and at the same time the lonelyest.

RIP

My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here; My heart's in the Highlands a-chasing the deer.

Robert Burns

RIP

Robert Burns

Hang on ? How many hotels leave the rooms without cleaning them at least every 2 days

even if not every day. Doesnt sound right