Looking For Top Quality Beach Condo

wordchild

Thanks in advance for any ideas. I am looking for a top quality beachfront condo in Hua Hin to buy. Idealy centralish to upto 5km south of the town.I am happy to consider an older building , where some work maybe needed as long as the basic build quality and location are right. I have looked at one or two new projects so far and have been very disappointed with the design and esp the lack of space. I am looking for 2/3 bedrooms say 150 sqm to 220 sqm but most importantly the main living and master b/r must be of good size. Good sea views would be a plus. I am in no rush and happy to wait for the right property.

The reason for posting on here is to get some input as to which of the older buildings along the beach maybe worth a look at. As i said I am in no rush so not so concerned about whether or not there is availability right now. Just the condo names would be helpfull.

You don't mention budget.

If you are not too restricted, I suggest you check out Baan Lon Sai (sp?) in Khao Takiab, but the Hua Hin side of the mountain, about 5km south of the HH town center. It's hard to miss; it's by far the tallest building in those parts, located about 100 yds south of "The Rock" hotel, and on the same (beach) side of the road.

When we checked a couple of years ago, prices were in the Baht 12 million to Baht 25 million range -- but it's definitely exclusive. The sizes fit with your stated requirements, most owners are wealthy Thais, and it doesn't figure on the farang websites. You have to physically go there to inquire.

We lived opposite for a year or so, and walked past it every day on the way to the beach.