Sga "sanity Gone Away"

Sansai Sam

Just had a look at the new SGA flight from Chiang Mai to Nan. Was very happy to see the fare was only 443 to go and 493 to return. Then I saw that the tax and surcharge brought it up to 3400 total. Seems to me there is something wrong when the tax and surcharge are 3 times the cost of the flight!!

Flight Details

Depart : Chiang Mai To Nan

Date : Monday December 14 , 2009

Time : 14:20

Flight : DD965

THB 445.33 (Per Passenger)

Return : Nan To Chiang Mai

Date : Wednesday December 16 , 2009

Time : 15:20

Flight : DD966

THB 492.06(Per Passenger )

Departure THB

1 Fare (Adult(s)) 445.33

1 Tax, Fee and Surcharge (Adult(s)) 1,254.67

Airport Tax 100.00

Insurance 50.00

Administration Fee 50.00

Fuel Surcharge 950.00

VAT 104.67

Total (Adult(s)) 1,700.00

Departure Total 1,700.00

Return

1 Fare (Adult(s)) 492.06

1 Tax, Fee and Surcharge (Adult(s)) 1,207.94

Airport Tax 50.00

Insurance 50.00

Administration Fee 50.00

Fuel Surcharge 950.00

VAT 107.94

Total (Adult(s)) 1,700.00

Return Total 1,700.00

ATM Payment Fee1.4 20.00

Counter Service Fee2.1 30.00

Insurance

0 Person(s) 00.0

Meals

0 set 0.00

Trip Total 3,400.00

Sawasdee Khrup,

We quite agree with Khun Sansai Sam that such advertising gambits where the "quoted price" is sheer fantasy are off-putting if not scammish.

However, we did once fly SGA (a small 12 or 16 seat plane) from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai a few years ago; I think our average altitude was around 9,000 feet. The views were marvellous; as we neared Chiang Rai we came into a heavy cloud bank, and as we burst out of it : with the sheer drops of the mountains that frame the valley falling away below us drenched in sunlight, it was quite wonderful.

best, ~o:37;

Sawasdee Khrup,

We quite agree with Khun Sansai Sam that such advertising gambits where the "quoted price" is sheer fantasy are off-putting if not scammish.

However, we did once fly SGA (a small 12 or 16 seat plane) from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai a few years ago; I think our average altitude was around 9,000 feet. The views were marvellous; as we neared Chiang Rai we came into a heavy cloud bank, and as we burst out of it : with the sheer drops of the mountains that frame the valley falling away below us drenched in sunlight, it was quite wonderful.

best, ~o:37;

I recently flew SGAs Cessna Caravan 12 seater, Bangkok to Koh Kood. I enjoyed it, views, pilots and service were outstanding. I didn't have to pay (hosted to assess trees at a resort project there) so don't know about the prices.

All the more appreciation for Air Asia who done away with all the surcharge BS. What you see is what you get. They do add aiport tax, but that's a small amount (domestic)

Not anymore! Now there's a "convenience charge" for the "convenience" of using their website to book your ticket. It's 100 baht each leg. So CM to BKK and back is now an extra 200 baht.

Wow, what will they think of next? And they try their damnedest to sell you extra luggage space, insurance and food while your registering your ticket. You have to turn it all down manually as the default is "I want it".