Using Ems As A Money Collector?

engrin

Is it possible to use EMS as a money collector? For example. if I want to sell a second hand mobile phone for 5,000 baht. Can I pay EMS a service charge + price of delivery and they will deliver the mobile phone, collect the money, and pay it to my bank account?

Errrrrr, no. EMS will pick up from your door if you're posting a 10-20kg box and deliver it, but they won't deliver something and collect money and pay it into your bank account and bring you back a cup of coffee. You need a gig for that, or a trustworthy motorbike courier (to end on a sensible note).

TNT offers cash on delivery option, but I'm not sure you can use their services as a private person.

Slightly off topic: CarlBKK you say that EMS will pick up packages 10-20kg. Is that something you have experience with? Maybe it's only in Bangkok? Because our company ships out many packages every day and when we made an inquiry with EMS to ask if they could pick up packages we were told no. Only possible if the package was to be sent out of Thailand, but not for domestic parcels.

Edited by d0ndela

I don't think the EMS policy of this pick-up service is clear-cut, it might depend on whether they think it's worth is business-wise to come and pick-up. For me, I always send between 10-20kg internationally and they're very reliable at coming round quickly, securing the box, sometimes giving some free boxes for next time. Not sure about the same weight in domestic postage.