Sombutburi Market "plants"

I met another expat, briefly on Thursday, shopping at SL2.

He told me about cheaper prices at Sombutburi Market and the sois

around Bang Yai for plants.

Has anyone had good purchases in this area?

I haven't been yet but found some info.

Quote:

Transport connections:

Car: From Bangkok's Pinklao area, take Boromaratchachonnani Road before switching to Phutthamonthon Sai 1 Road. Take the next major road on your left, which will lead you to a bridge. Cross the bridge and you will arrive at Kanjanapisek Road in Nonthaburi's Bang Yai area. Continue along the Kanjanapisek Road (also called Taling Chan-Bang Bua Thong Road) until you pass Bang Kruai – Sai Noi Road and prepare to make a U-turn under a bridge that crosses a small canal. The U-turn will lead you directly into the market.

If you miss the U-turn, simply make a U-turn further down the road. Then prepare to enter the inside lane. You'll soon find the entrance to the market and the Dusit Buri village near a Mitsubishi showroom.

Bus: Air-conditioned bus numbers 134, 680 and 516 all pass in front of Sombutburi Market.

I took a 516 from Bangkok's Thewet area and the journey took me about 45 minutes. I recommend disembarking at the bus stop right after Ban Kruai – Sai Noi Road. From there you can cross the pedestrian bridge, which will lead you to Sombutburi.

A%20Treasure%20Trove%20For%20Lovers%20of%20Plants,%20Shrubs%204.jpgLat & Long?