Iphone Sat Nav Application For Thailand

sushi5734

Hi there I was just wondering if anyone is aware of an iphone sat nav application that has maps for Thailand, obviously the standard maps app is pretty good for using when you're not driving but it doesn't give turn by turn voice instructions, I was thinking something along the lines of the Navigon or Tom Tom app, I've noticed on itunes and appulous that they now have a Malaysia and Singapore map set so maybe Thailand is in the pipeline.

my only concern is the cell signal...no signal no directions (Unlike a standard GPS unit) AND you'll have to have a car charger for it too since it'll suck the life out of the battery....

That's not true, these iPhone apps have their own maps built-in, the Thailand version is a 161MB download, there is no need to have any cell signal for them to work

Martin

I am using Ndrive and Tom Tom (Thailand map hack) both are good. However I much prefer to use Tom Tom just better faster and more accurate.

Hey i have searched everywhere for something like you have mentioned my iphone is jailbroken and i want to have a gps system like i had on my n95 which is voice activated and was a garmin thailand street map

I dont want to have connection to the internet to use it so any info on how to get this Ndrive tom tom will be great cheers Rex :)

Hey i have searched everywhere for something like you have mentioned my iphone is jailbroken and i want to have a gps system like i had on my n95 which is voice activated and was a garmin thailand street map

I dont want to have connection to the internet to use it so any info on how to get this Ndrive tom tom will be great cheers Rex :)

It's pretty easy, no idea where you are searching, it's available on the App Store same as all the other apps for the iPhone

Martin

I found one called sygic it has maps for Thailand Malaysia and Singapore although I haven't actually been able to download a copy yet. I only have a UK itunes account how do I get a Thai account?

Tom Tom would be be favorite with me as I have used their stand alone systems before and they were excellent. I have been searching through hack...etc and haven't been able to find a copy on there have also tried a..cake no joy either.

re the battery yes all of the sat nat apps I've used in the UK suck battery like there's no tomorrow and some of the chargers that fit the iphone 3G/3Gs don't actually supply the phone with enough juice to keep it going, so make sure you get a decent one I got a Griffin charger (£15) and its really good just make sure its compatible with the 3G\3Gs

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a budget alternative: Offmaps

Offmaps is an app that allows you to download the maps you need while you have a wifi connection, and then use them offline later without using a data connection. You can download any maps you want, worldwide, and there is no charge other than your internet connection. While you don't get audio turn by turn directions, it does plot routes and do searches of points of interest. I find it really useful for travelling on one-off trips to places where I don't want to buy a map package or burn up lots of data roaming charges.

Offmap costs US$2.99 Here's a link:

http://www.offmaps.com/