Thailand Car Sales Top Expectations

george

Thailand car sales top expectations

BANGKOK: -- The Spokesperson of the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) said that the annual car sales of this year were above the prediction but the total amount was less than last year due to the economic downturn.

Spokesperson of the FTI, Surapong Pisitthipattanapong, stated that this year, annual domestic car sales reached 540,000 cars which was 40,000 cars higher than predicted.

The most purchase orders were placed at the Thailand International Motor Expo 2009.

Mr. Surapong added that Thailand exported 52,000 cars worldwide which was 10,000 cars more than the early forecast. However, it was 30 percent less than last year.

The total car sales this year was 139,400 units. The automotive industry had to increase its manufacturing capacity from 94,000 to 98,000 units this year due to the total demand.

Mr. Surapong expected that next year, customers would place more orders with the number being around 1,300,000 cars. The main export regions are Asia, Australia and the Middle East.

In addition, the spokesman of the FTI suggested that the government should keep an eye on the fluctuation of the Thai currency. The government should keep the Thai currency in line with its neighboring countries otherwise Thai exports would be affected.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2009-12-12

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Oh oh. A news article with numbers.. Lets see:

this year, annual domestic car sales reached 540,000 cars which was 40,000 cars higher than predicted.
The total car sales this year was 139,400 units.

:)

Burp.

Oh, and then the nice positive headline 'top expectations' but the fact of the matter:

it was 30 percent less than last year.

Cheers mates. :D

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Sounds good, unfortunately the numbers are not really correct though,

Most cars in Thailand are sold more than one time, its just too easy for the people to get one. Every carnival barker who sales a fish on a market,

can throw 10000 on the table and get a car, after some month if he cant pay the intrest anymore the bank take it back and sale it again.

Scare me anyway, more and more cars mean more and more idiots driving it and more and more death toll.

Hope the government will start one day on educating people in road traffic regulations, in TV for example, may be between to whiskey comercials

Most cars in Thailand are sold more than one time, its just too easy for the people to get one. Every carnival barker who sales a fish on a market,

can throw 10000 on the table and get a car, after some month if he cant pay the intrest anymore the bank take it back and sale it again.

Scare me anyway, more and more cars mean more and more idiots driving it and more and more death toll.

Hope the government will start one day on educating people in road traffic regulations, in TV for example, may be between to whiskey comercials

I thought this article was going to be the most ridiculous piece I read today, but then I read this posting...

I thought this article was going to be the most ridiculous piece I read today, but then I read this posting...

Yes but very true!!

Can anyone please explain how these numbers add up?!?!

Nana

Well of course you cant... but you can vaguely see what they are referring to.

Spokesperson of the FTI, Surapong Pisitthipattanapong, stated that this year, annual domestic car sales reached 540,000 cars which was 40,000 cars higher than predicted. This is basically correct

Mr. Surapong added that Thailand exported 52,000 cars worldwide which was 10,000 cars more than the early forecast. However, it was 30 percent less than last year. Exports will be around 52,000 units per month

The total car sales this year was 139,400 units. The automotive industry had to increase its manufacturing capacity from 94,000 to 98,000 units this year due to the total demand. Well total unit sales last year were 1.394m - so perhaps that is what they are refering to.

Mr. Surapong expected that next year, customers would place more orders with the number being around 1,300,000 cars. Total sales this year around 1.15m units. Production running at 110k in October, so possible. Domestic sales are now running ahead of the same month last year.

The price of a car in BKK seems exceedingly excessive compared to what I can buy in US. Re: Educating people - I would hope the first to receive instruction is the bib. And maybe they could learn that using the electronically controlled traffic lights is a move toward progress.

cheers,

k

When you make sales projections, you sand bag, so that when you exceed those projections everyone keeps their position/salary. Those numbers exceeding projections are used as ballast to compensate for the real downturn in number of units sold vs a year ago when the sale projections were made. In business terms the sales/management group are/were incompetent for not fore seeing the downturn and then projecting the downturn would be worse than actual.