Google Error?

rss

I have been seeing this error lately when I google for something

I am fairly sure my system is clean although you can never be 100% sure these days.

I am guessing the DNS servers for TOT broadband may have been hijacked.

Has anybody else seen this before?

google6hz.th.jpg

Youve been blocked by google, that error shows if you execute too many queries/searches in a short space of time. That might not be the only reason this error shows but its definately one of them.

Have you checked for spyware/malware on your computer? Maybe theres a process thats accessing Google a lot, or maybe youve been executing a lot of searches in a short space of time?

My IP is dynamic and as a TOT broadband user, I go through a handful of transparent proxies to get to the outside world. Google can't block the transparent proxies without blocking half of Thailand. They could be blocking my IP maybe because the last person who had that IP had a zombie PC. I do use google a lot but with a dynamic IP, it's not likely they could connect my usage to my IP. I am fairly sure my system is clean.

The links to the virus checker and spyware remover is what makes me suspicious. I can't imagine Google pushing an anti-virus or anti-spyware program.

I am stumped.

Youve been blocked by google, that error shows if you execute too many queries/searches in a short space of time. That might not be the only reason this error shows but its definately one of them.

Have you checked for spyware/malware on your computer? Maybe theres a process thats accessing Google a lot, or maybe youve been executing a lot of searches in a short space of time?

got same from Google yesterday.. did run 'cleaner' programs and yes did have some unwanted trojan/virus/worm.. probably courtesy of some sh!t download

all gone now (I hope) :o

got same from Google yesterday.. did run 'cleaner' programs and yes did have some unwanted trojan/virus/worm.. probably courtesy of some sh!t download

Which 'cleaner' programs did you run and what exactly did it find if you don't mind my asking. I want to see if I can find any evidence of similar malware on my system before I run a cleaner.

Thanks.

Which 'cleaner' programs did you run and what exactly did it find if you don't mind my asking. I want to see if I can find any evidence of similar malware on my system before I run a cleaner.

Thanks.

Avast Antivirus and Spyware Doctor

.. it wasn't malware but downright Trojans, Viruses.. and one worm.. names ya say? gobblygook names dot something as usual .. not easy to remember sorry!

maybe check your hosts file?

have you tried connecting to google via an ip address to bypass DNS resoultion?

http://64.233.187.99

or hex

http://40e9bb63

or decimal

http://1089059683

Well, what do you know? It works if I bypass the DSN server with the raw IP for google. Now, why didn't I think of that? I was able to get to google with a proxy but that one never crossed my mind. Thanks, stumonster.

But I am still not sure if the problem is with the DNS server or with my system. I am running some online checkers now to see if I can find anything.

I will flush my DNS cache to see if that helps.

It could be somebody on the same subnet as you (the same ISP) who's completely infected with spyware, as explained in the notice.

I'm using True and seen the same error last night. Checked out my system with no spyware/adware found.

rss - Goes to prove no one is immune from malware.

If you have not already done so, suggest you contact your ISP and politely inform them they need to check their whole system, otherwise Google and everyone else will eventually put a block on them, resulting in "loss of face" as well as considerable financial loss.

(They probably need to update their security tracking software.)

good luck :o