Opening A Makro Account In Thailand

Forkinhades

I often buy my dog food at Makro even though I'm not a member, you just write your name and date on a piece of paper when you walk in and they give you a temporary membership number for that visit. Or you can join yourself but have to spend over 2000 baht when doing so.

go down there witha bunch of red notes and say to man 'hello i want cheap food'(with a smile) he then says no problem forkinhades come this way and lets do business and you hand him bunch of red notes... voila you then have access to cheap cheese n snacks

and lamb?

First time I went in I was by myself, filled my trolley with what I wanted the guy at the checkout could not speak english, my Thai is not so good. So he tried to ask me for the card I just kept saying maikowjia, so he just took my money and that was it.

Or you can join yourself but have to spend over 2000 baht when doing so.

BS

where is the nearest one to pattaya? is it in Rayong

Nearest open on of the two is Rayong, Pattaya is opening soon I believe

Pattaya opening 16th December according to the sign outside.

As a westerner you can go in and get a piece of paper that allows you to shop. But you dont get a tax deductable receipt. If you have a registered company then all you need is to take your company registration and fill out some forms. Then the receipts you get can be passed on to your accountant for the appropriate tax deductions. If all you want to do is shop there for private reasons just walk in and ask for a 'day pass'

We have a Thai business owner friend that gave us his card number. Wife just tells the cashier that number when we cash out. It makes no difference on our purchases but he gets points and the purchase credit on his account for tax purposes. Also i think if you have a member card you can establish a credit account and pay on that account instead of cash.

Edited by longball53098

Or you can join yourself but have to spend over 2000 baht when doing so.

BS

Yes that's right, I just make up BS and then post it on TV! Grow up you fool, it's not BS it's what I was told by the manager of my local Makro just last week and my wife then asked other members who were shopping there if they also had to spend 2000baht before they joined and they said yes.

Pattaya opening 16th December according to the sign outside.

Can anyone tell me if this has happened today and what their stock levels on electrical gear was? I need to go to makro on Friday and I'm driving to Pattaya from Sa Kaew province, my local one in Sa Kaew is a bit of a detour so if Pattayas is open then that would be handy!

Where is it located in Pattaya?

Thanks