Granite Shop Near Prachinburi

Sheryl

Just carried out a quick search on the Internet and came up with this one which I have been told is about 60kms away but I guess it depends where you are in Prachinburi

KHAOYAI - THACHANG MARBLE CO., LTD.

215 MOO 12, MOOSI, PAKCHONG, NAKORNRATCHASIMA 30310

Tel. 044361088 044365364

Fax 044365363

On Suwannason Road (33), about 2km's before the Prachinburi turnoff after coming out of Nakon Nayok on the RHS (Pak Phli), there is a shop that sells many types of stone, including granite, of varying qualities.

Easy to see as you are driving past.

I have bought off them on many occasions, they will come and do all the installation for you as well.

Google map.Here.

On Suwannason Road (33), about 2km's before the Prachinburi turnoff after coming out of Nakon Nayok on the RHS (Pak Phli), there is a shop that sells many types of stone, including granite, of varying qualities.

I have bought off them on many occasions, they will come and do all the installation for you as well.

Google map.Here.

Great! Thanks as I would have tried in the other direction on 33 first. Saves me some useless driving!

Offset, thanks too. Sounds like your house construction is proceeding on lines similar to what I experienced. My contractor and I were n ot on speaking terms by the end. :)

Theres a couple good granite quarries between Saraburi and Lopburi - with on site sawmills: they'll cut/grind and polish for you, and its a lot cheaper than ordering to size through a retail shop - just that you'll be limited in colour and grain selection to whats avalible form the quarry.

Google map.Here.

Great! Thanks as I would have tried in the other direction on 33 first. Saves me some useless driving!

Offset, thanks too. Sounds like your house construction is proceeding on lines similar to what I experienced. My contractor and I were n ot on speaking terms by the end. :)

It is not that bad time scale is not that important to me I will not be moving till March/April and I am paying him in arrears so I really am not to worried I was implying that understanding each other causes a problem when I got him to understand what I was trying to ask he gave me some directions which I think were the one already posted

I have not forgot about the electrician we have only got as far as the first fixings (fixing conduit and back plates) but the biulding is suposed to be finished in January we will see (I do not think so) but I must add anything that I did not like he has changed without any problems and one of them was major and not his fault

Theres a couple good granite quarries between Saraburi and Lopburi - with on site sawmills: they'll cut/grind and polish for you, and its a lot cheaper than ordering to size through a retail shop - just that you'll be limited in colour and grain selection to whats avalible form the quarry.

As so often, real good advise from Mf, the shops with the sawmills are the place to go... :)

The Saraburi- area is well known in the whole country, everybody who has no money to burn buys there.

CB

Edited by Chonburiram

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Sheryl

Did you have any luck with the granite shop it seems like I might need some myself my builder seems to think that having the house front finished in granite could be a good idea until he finds out the price but I will need some for the tops in the bathrooms anyway Colin

• 4 weeks later...

There is a small shop on the road going to BKK, just about 1km from the big Tesco there,he sell granites for 720 Baht (size 180cmx60cm) HomePro is asking about 1900 Baht for the same thing, if you fancy marble instead he got them too for 3500 Baht (same size), the charges are 200 Baht to smooth the edges, 50 Baht for a cut (taked down to 20 Baht if you need many stripes).