Worst Room You Ever Stayed In.

sokal

Pah! That is nothing.

I slept on the floor of a wooden hut in the hills of Burma. No pillow, sheet or fan. Just me wrapped in a mozzie net with my shoes on because I could see the rats eating the fruit from the Bhudda offering. Don't get we wrong it was not dirty, just really basic.

'Beef' stew for breakfast and all the rice I could eat served by a curious family. Great fun!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I checked there were 4 boy go go's on Chaiyaphoum. They seem to have a mojority of male customers until the ladies get off work and go pick up a gick for the night.

I believe this is false information.

The gay areas of Pattaya are Boyztown and neighboring sois, Sunnee Plaza, and minor activity in the Day Night Sois area. No way are there 4 gay go gos at Soi Chayapoom.

I don't think anyone is going to go and inventory that area so it looks like you win the argument. :)

BTW you didn't mention if there was baht bus service to these delightful dens of debauchery. Good accomodations always have access to transport and what's a fine hotel without a baht bus?

Edited by geriatrickid

Last time I checked there were 4 boy go go's on Chaiyaphoum. They seem to have a mojority of male customers until the ladies get off work and go pick up a gick for the night.

The gay areas of Pattaya are Boyztown and neighboring sois, Sunnee Plaza, and minor activity in the Day Night Sois area. No way are there 4 gay go gos at Soi Chayapoom.

Walk away from Soi Bukhow on Soi Chiaypoon towards third road. The first go go is on the left after Crazy Dave's. Then there are a couple of restaurants and short time hotels before you get to Third road. On the right there are three or four happy massage places with woman then a couple of beauty shops where the gay guys get made up for the night and then a couple more go go bars before you get to Third road.

They are gay places although the bar girls do go in them after work because that is where they pick up Thai guys. There are also a bunch of gay bars on and off of Soi Bukhow further towards Pattaya South Road. There are also 20 or so gay karoake bars in close proximity to the intersection of Soi Bukhow and Pattaya South.

There are 20 or so gay massage places on the Soi's off of Pattaya South between Friendship supermarket and Tutcom along with a number of really good French Restaurants.

Ps. Your definition of a go go and mine might be different. Boys dancing I call it a go go. Boys singing I call it a karoake. Straight guys are normally welcome at these places and I have had the management go out of the way to provide me with a woman or reasonable facsimile so I would not get lonely. Of course these are Thai places and usually open till 6 or 8 AM.

I don't think anyone is going to go and inventory that area so it looks like you win the argument. :)

BTW you didn't mention if there was baht bus service to these delightful dens of debauchery. Good accomodations always have access to transport and what's a fine hotel without a baht bus?

Lots of reason to go to Soi Chiaypoon. They also call it Soi Cheap Charlie. The Seaside restaurant is good and cheap as is the English place across the street. That street has a definite personality. The baht busses run all up and down Soi Bukhow. There are lots of good and really bad hotel rooms in the area. Oasis is on the corner and everyone knows about Oasis. Soi Chiaypoon is like Alice's restaurant. You can get anything you want.

Dirtiest room was the Swiss "Hotel" on Penang, run by Chinese.

Cleanest cheapy on Penang, was also run by Chinese. :D

:D I stayed there once and there was a rat in the room. Also got into a fight because of the Chinese prostitutes downstairs trying to rob me :)

I stayed in a room once just off Khao San Road - 60 baht a night - no window - horrible.

Panjim, Goa, India. A small concrete cell without an en-suite toilet. It did however have a sink in the room. After a few beers my girlfriend having watched me relieve myself in the sink, decided she also needed to go. She sat on the sink and the sink became loose and then detached itself from the wall. She fell down amongst the rubble and the make-shift toilet with a look of acute embarssement. We checked out sharpish.

don't know what the aversion of rats is about...

Because they are disgusting vermin, tutsi. Thats why!

yeah...I s'pose that's a consideration when you don't haveta worry about keepin' warm but I'm talkin' about -30 outside and havin' t'sleep with yer clothes on an' yew reckon that yew'll never be warm again...

in those circumstances the rats become warm blooded, furry creatures with body warmth...yeahss...yeahss...wid momma rat an' daddy rat an' all de cute widdle kiddy rats...yeahss...

post-21740-1260954436_thumb.jpg

I have a very recent experience. Stayed in the Executive Suite at one of the Pullman hotels during last week's holiday. The air conditioning would only go down to 23 degrees rather than my perfect comfort zone of 22. Instead of enjoying the 72-inch LCD TV from my king-sized bed, I had to spend most of my time in the cooler oversized whirlpool bathtub just to keep my body temperature down. An absolute waste of 7,500 baht.

Worse, management wouldn't issue a free voucher for a future stay.

"Travel trauma" is what I call it. :)

P.S. Adding injury to insult, one of the apples was bruised on my complimentary fruit platter. Can you believe it? A double-failure for this supposedly "quality" international chain?

72 inch LCD Top, did you take a photo of it by chance? :D

Matter of fact, I DID!

post-21740-1261057908_thumb.jpg