Thai Govt' Blocks CNN, Yahoo Finance, Facebook And Other American Sites

webfact

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using proxy servers and trying to circumvent government blocked websites is a criminal offense in Thailand.

How could it ever be a criminal offense to use the things that are legal everywhere... Got to be freaking crazy to state that... Thats an invitation for civil suits and more from the international community...

Craaaazzzy! LOS or LOCO? (land of crazy officials)

Are they blocking Hotmail ? Because for the last 1,5 week it's difficult to reach hotmail as well as many other websites (website my bank in the Netherlands and so on)

I'm living in Central Pattaya and I use TTNT for my internetconnection.

Anybody has the some problems ?

I have been having trouble sending mail to hotmail addresses from yahoo and gmail. So I signed on to hotmail and so far no problems. This was happening in the U.S. as well as Thailand. I Think the problem might lie with hotmail too intensely screening incoming mail.

Yep the Thai government site is a bad one.Thats big news1 Ignore it at your peril...I use McAfee and it warns there are all sorts of bad boys waiting to F__k your computer up.Tried to get in there this morning and saw the warning.Out of 1100 pages tested over one hundred had problems.....I was going to check what I needed for my Car licence renewal . Got the info elsewhere. Had to pay tea money In Mai sai Imergration today for the form thats supposed to be free! Only 100 baht but it still felt wrong.Had to wait a bloody hour as well.

Anyone else get the feeling that LoS is slowly but surely sliding towards anarchy.

No signs of cohesion and knee jerk reactions in all sorts of ways (of which this thread is just another example).

Outside influences getting stronger with no sort of effective responses in evidence. More and more things seem to be coming apart at the seams.

What's next?

Is it just me or do others feel the same?

Who are the source of this news? I cannot find anything about it anywhere else.

That's because there is no news. None of these sites are being 'blocked' by the Thai government, it's just the usual internet hiccups that happen from time to time.

A non-event if ever I saw one!

Whatever possesses people to post threads on the well-known vagaries of the internet here is beyond me.

Just because it's not impacting you doesn't make it a nonevent.

I work at a Bangkok university.

Most of the teachers here have hotmail accounts, and we are NOT able to log on today. We can get to the main page, but login attempts fail.

CNN loads with absolutely no graphics.

Facebook is fine.

Yahoo also loads with no graphics.

Same with youtube: no graphics.

That's because there is no news. None of these sites are being 'blocked' by the Thai government, it's just the usual internet hiccups that happen from time to time.

And what makes you so sure its a hiccup?

Hiccups that redirect to a govt website? You must be used to funny hiccups.

I can access Facebook but can't get into Flickr, my browser hangs whilst loading w3.mict.go.th on True connection Bangkok

Looks like they have blocked themselves. :)

On the same connection and I can access flickr just fine. As well as every single other supposedly 'blocked by the Thai government' website.

I can access Facebook but can't get into Flickr, my browser hangs whilst loading w3.mict.go.th on True connection Bangkok

On the same connection and I can access flickr just fine. As well as every single other supposedly 'blocked by the Thai government' website.

My guess is that we are suffering from a Monday morning after the weekend update. What is true, whatever is being said is that under some conditions requests for external [to Thailand] sites are failing and it would appear that this failure cascades down to mict as the point of last connexion. That does not mean that the sites are being blocked per se, but that standard http requests are failing and the system [abusing that word] ends up at mict which is revealing if you think about it.

Regards

Iv'e tried 3 different browsers and 3 sets of DNS servers, still the same problem. That people are saying that it is a non event and the government are not implicated in this problem must be living in cuckoo land.

Are they blocking Hotmail ? Because for the last 1,5 week it's difficult to reach hotmail as well as many other websites (website my bank in the Netherlands and so on)

I'm living in Central Pattaya and I use TTNT for my internetconnection.

Anybody has the some problems ?

I am also Central Pattaya on TOT, no problems at all.

Facebook normal.