Need Advise About Company

This year in May I registered company and till now this company don't have any commercial activities. But when I come to the guy who did registration he asked me to pay for virtual office rent as well as half year balance closing and audit.

This all looks as cheating for me because I do not order any virtual office rent as well as I know there is usually one year report but not half year. Please advise - is that true or not?   

Hi,

There is no 'half year' audit, but financial statements are caculated on a calendar basis so you are required to submit an audited balance sheet for the year ending 31 December. It does not matter whether your company has operated for the full 12 months or only part of the year. Your guy is not cheating you; your business is required by law to submit an audited statement.

You are also required to have a legally registered office address, which he may have provided you with. As the previous posted mentioned, you should have had some form of agreement for all of this upfront.

A standard audit should cost you in the region of 10,000 to 15,000 Baht. I dont think there is any standard rate for providing you with a registered address, so it would depend on what you agreed initially.

At the end of the day you should have taken the time to get all the things like this listed and agreed in detail to avoid this kind of mis-understanding.