Non 0 Marriage Extension

So just had a fairly successful run to maehongson and back. although the officer had never done a marriage extension before we managed to get through it all in about 2 hours.

so the only thing i didn't need was the kor sor 3 but i did need everything else i was previously advised, including pictures in and around the house..

i'll have to go back next month to get the relevant stamp

i've also been advised that someone will be coming to visit us within the month to check out if its all kosher.. so only then and once the application has been through the relevant channels will i know if i've got this extension or not..

the good news is that, if i get it, i won't need to go anywhere for a year as they say its fine to send by post the passport and 90 day application every 3 months..

so, my question if anyone is willing, how much is it for a stamp to leave the country? And whats the procedure to do that? I've heard about multiple exits vs. single but not sure on price or procedure

Also, i'm happy to give anyone advice on doing this in maehongson now that i've just done the deal..

Cheers

A single re-entry permit is good for 1 time, and costs 1000฿.

A multiple re-entry permit is good for as many times as you want, within the time frame of your permission to stay stamp.

3800฿.

The time to get it is when you go back in 30 days for the rest of your year long extension.

---------------------

"...the good news is that, if i get it, i won't need to go anywhere for a year as they say its fine to send by post the passport and 90 day application every 3 months.."

You don't need to send your passport, just a copy. Ask imm which pages they want to see.

Yes, obtain re-entry permit from local immigration office where your extension of stay is being processed.

The requirements for mail-ins of 90 day reports are detailed on the immigration website, but have not been updated:

1. Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

2. Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)

3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47

5. Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to ….

Note;

- Immigration is now asking for envelope with 10 baht stamp affixed

- Paperwork should now be sent to your local immigration office. Strongly suggest you use EMS to mail-in the paperwork so you can track delivery.

- Report must ARRIVE at local immigration office by the due report date (there is no 7 day extension for mail-ins)

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days