Ten Pin Bowling

L&J

:) If you are into ten pin bowling the UFO Lanes has a good promotion. For 1000 baht you purchase a coupon book good

for 40 games (25 baht/game) that can be used at any time or day. This is a much better deal than I'm aware of at any of the other two bowling lanes in CM. A number of people can also use the coupons as a group as I understand it. The lanes and scoring system at UFO are older but have had virtually no breakdowns in the times I've bowled there which make them far more reliable than the newer ones at the other establishments.

They went through a change of ownership about six months ago and have worked hard to get their act together since then. The scoring can be a bit unreliable but there is always a member of staff on hand to correct it for you if it goes wrong - I guess that's cheaper than getting the computer fixed!

One warning: If you see the place looking full with dozens of cars parked out front, postpone your game until another day. We didn't and had to put up with a fearsome crowd of oldies on a jaunt from some out of town moo ban who did very loud karaoke in between photographing each other with gold plastic statuettes. Grim.

Anyone up for a regular (not weekly) session at UFO? Two or three games and then on to Miguels for some food would be fun with half a dozen people or so...

Edited by Greenside