Skytrain To Mochit From Airport

lanky

I would like to know about this skytrain station opening i think soon on the queens birthday this month will there be a direct link from the airport to mochit in particular the bus station would you be able to carry on lugguge say two sets on the skytrain to airport and if what would the time schedule it would operate and roughly the fare

thanks

They started a trial service on December 5th, The Kings Birthday, though the trials have been running for some weeks.

The airport link is a stand alone service and doesn't go to Mo Chit, you will have to get from the bus station to Mo Chit BTS, then connect to the Airport Link at Phaya Thai, at least you can when there is a full service.

There have been a number of threads on this subject, but in all honesty I still think from the bus terminal you are just as well getting a taxi, isn't there are bus to the airport?

If your on a budget the easiest way is to take the airport shuttle bus direct from Mo Chit buy your ticket at the counter and it stops at around stand 9 or splash out on a taxi, either way much easier than trying to get to the airport line even when it eventually opens.

hi

Direct Express Train that will take 15 minutes from the City Air Terminal (Makkasan) train station. This service will connect to the city’s mass transit subway system. Passengers will have the opportunity of checking in their luggage at the City Air Terminal, before boarding the express train to Suvarnabhumi airport; &

The link does not go directly to the bus station. You can take the airport train to Phaya Thai BTS, then take the skytrain to Mo Chit BTS, but that isn't within walking distance of Mo Chit bus terminal. You would need to then get a taxi for the short trip to the bus station. Cost would maybe be 70-80 for the 2 trains, don't remember how much the taxi is from Mo Chit BTS to the bus station, but it isn't much.

The shuttle bus might be your best option.

Queen birthdays is 12 of august

Considering that everything works perfectly, and there were no problems during the (really brief!) test run, I would interpret the April 2010 date as meaning that they will open it for the Queen's birthday. :)

That is, if the Wongwian Yai BTS extension was any indication... (when do we open the betting pool?)

If you want updates, you should check out the Suvarnabhumi Sub-forum: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Suvarnabhumi...Forum-f105.html