Residents Told Not To Panic As Morning Fog Hits Pattaya.

Rimmer

Pattaya, December 17 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : On Thursday Morning, Khun Wirawat, Deputy Mayor of Pattaya ordered an urgent survey to be undertaken by the Pattaya Meteorological Station after City Hall received complaints from residents who suggested a fog which had appeared some days ago may be related to a recent industrial accident which occurred at the Map Ta Put Industrial Area in Rayong and the fog, may in fact be a toxic cloud. A mobile unit was dispatched and various tests were undertaken and it was confirmed that the fog was a natural event and was not toxic in any way. Back at the station, weather maps were analyzed and it was determined that the morning fog is being caused by cold air coming from China which is meeting warmer air coming up from the South. It is expected the fog will continue for a few more days and we have been told that there is absolutely no cause for concern.

http://www.pattayaone.net/news

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

17 Dec 2009

post-22250-1261052084_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1261052125_thumb.jpg

Fog is a suspension of water droplets reducing visibility to 1km (200m in the UK for driving conditions) or less otherwise it is termed mist.

I suspect that what we are seeing is haze (solid particles in suspension) caused by a temperture inversion.

Edited by Jonathanpattaya

Fog is a suspension of water droplets reducing visibility to 1km (200m in the UK for driving conditions) or less otherwise it is termed mist.

I suspect that what we are seeing is haze (solid particles in suspension) caused by a temperture inversion.

So if you are standing o the helideck of an offshore oil rig and you can see the flourescent chevrons on the underside of the chopper, (less than 20m above!!!) but the chopper cannot see the rig, what the ....is that then???

I know, but i would like new names for it!! :)

So if you are standing o the helideck of an offshore oil rig and you can see the flourescent chevrons on the underside of the chopper, (less than 20m above!!!) but the chopper cannot see the rig, what the ....is that then???

I know, but i would like new names for it!! :)

While you can see 20m verically that doesn't help the chopper jockeys.

It is sufficient horizontal visiblity which determines whether the pilot can land or not.