Visa Extension

A friend of my girlfriend's; her boyfriend is dying, in fact he has only weeks to live, unknown to himself, he is old but was physically fit until a few months ago. His girlfriend was told by Thai doctors that there was no hope.

Yet he is sitting in his house and worrying about his visa, which expires next week.

Realistically speaking, he is a wheelchair case, if it came to a Cambodia-Run, but worse still not a fit wheelchair case; the heat and travel would be difficult, (for him).

Two Questions:

1. If he did a wheelchair 'run' to Cambodia, does anyone know of special 'runs' for the disabled to the border, I suppose they must exist...in Pattaya.

2. If he went to Bangkok Pattaya hospital, where they have set up an immigration desk for the sick, could he get an extra month for 1900 baht. What are the rules regarding sickness and overstay or extension of visa at the discression of Thai immigration?

W.S.

He can get a 90 day extension if he is unable to return to his home country unaided. Go to immigration first and ask them to write the name of the special med cert form that must be used. It is not the typical one. Then get a doc to fill it out and take it back to immigration with 1900 baht, 2 photos, etc., and fill out the standard extension form. Very easy process. I used it three times last year.