Proof Of Address For Driving Licence

thaitim

Go to immigration with your house/condo/apt. lease and a utility or Internet bill with your name on it. They prefer the bill.

They will issue you a letter the following day confirming your address. It's good for 30 days (they took mine after 60 so I got lucky). Take that letter along with a medical certificate, copies of passport pages, international or foreign license (if you want to avoid written and driving tests). Fill out the application (it has English between the lines). They will give you a number (at least in Pattaya), go upstairs and wait (bring a good book).

Australian Embassy you need Yourself and your passport they provide the photocopied blank stat dec they also provide the wording.

You complete hand it in with 600+/- baht they will check their computer (?) sign issue receipt along with SD signed and stamped with Aust Emb stamp.

Can not remember if you need photo.

if you mean by Proof of address for Thai driver license, you dont need to go embassy.

just goto Thai immigration office and pay 500Baht then you are all set, make sure to bring 2 Photo copy with you. they will keep one and give you one back attach to the paper they will give you. that piece of paper is proof of address and just bring it to DMV.

if you mean by Proof of address for Thai driver license, you dont need to go embassy.

just goto Thai immigration office and pay 500Baht then you are all set, make sure to bring 2 Photo copy with you. they will keep one and give you one back attach to the paper they will give you. that piece of paper is proof of address and just bring it to DMV.

Depends on where you live in Thailand.

Some give it for free, some take 200 baht.

And then there is Samui that always is most expensive.

Problem is with your initial question. Do you want obtain proof of where you live so you can obtain a drivers licence?

If you are on Married O only then its off to embassy.

If you are on married O extention then irs off to immigration

Edited by mijan24

Here in Phuket its 100 baht and done at immigration upstairs in the back, takes less than 10 minutes unless she is busy

Take anything with ur adrress on it or even if ur in a hotel a note from them saying ur staying there

Makes no dif

When i had my last 5 year license renew'd i told them they had my birthday wrong in English ( the new English thai license) she corrected it and when i checked found she had given me 6 years!!!

Go to immigration with your house/condo/apt. lease and a utility or Internet bill with your name on it. They prefer the bill.

They will issue you a letter the following day confirming your address. It's good for 30 days (they took mine after 60 so I got lucky). Take that letter along with a medical certificate, copies of passport pages, international or foreign license (if you want to avoid written and driving tests). Fill out the application (it has English between the lines). They will give you a number (at least in Pattaya), go upstairs and wait (bring a good book).

Hello , thanks for your useful informations ;Do you think that I can apply for a thai driving licence in Pattaya as I live in koh chang ; Have a 30 years lease agreemnt on my house , and internet bill on my name . Very hard to get this document in Trat , so I hope it can be done in Pattaya . By chance do you know where to go in Pattaya for this ? Thanks in advance for your help . Yves

Problem is with your initial question. Do you want obtain proof of where you live so you can obtain a drivers licence?

Thats exactly what happened mijan24. I went to immigration only to be told, you have non o multi, not yearly extension you have to go to your embassy. She explained that the reason for this is if you are on extension then you have to report every 90 days so they have your address on record & can confirm proof of address.

Hallo Phuket Richard,

sorry your information about Phuket is wrong. I think since quite a while it is no more "upstairs" by the lady. You do it downstairs, first row, same place where you do your normal visas. And you don't need photos anymore if you have already "Receipt of Notification".