Another Problem With Breaking News Bar

Chaam local

When the red letters of the breaking "news" bar are displayed, the favicon (I mean the Thaivisa icon displayed in the browser navigation tab) flickers and the curser (if typing a message) freezes (it can still be moved, but it stops blinking). The flickering is the more annoying. I use several browsers but noticed the problem with IE7.

It would be so great if we could just have an option to get rid of this bar...

You are not the only one who has problems. There are quite a few threads about this issue.

The problem is not the "news bar" but the little blinking cursor line at the end of the line.

I also wish something could be done about this blinking "bkline.gif" file.

opalhort

The other problem is spell checking. Hesitant, for example, is now spelled hestiant. sigh

That's probably down to the generally very poor level of proofreading in The Nation newspaper, which is where a lot of the news comes from. Seems like text and headlines are copy / pasted straight from there without changing anything, even spelling errors.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok I have an issue with this news bar causing my entire screen display to jump up and down with each change of news article. Can I opt out of the news bar and stop this?

Me too. I don't mind the news bar but I think the bar needs to be a constant thing not just when there is text there.

Ok I have an issue with this news bar causing my entire screen display to jump up and down with each change of news article. Can I opt out of the news bar and stop this?

Me too. I don't mind the news bar but I think the bar needs to be a constant thing not just when there is text there.