Showing Up On Koh Pha Ngan On December 23rd With No Reservations. Stupid, Or Just Risky?

Fitzy

Hey folks,

So I'm on a last minute trip to Koh Pha Ngan tomorrow on the eve of Christmas Eve, with no bungalow, room or bed reserved. Although most of the places I've called are all booked up, I'm going to try to make a reservation over the phone today. If I can't book anything by phone, I figure I'll just come tomorrow anyway, and foot it around and see what I can find.

Is this downright insanity? Should I not even bother to come? I know it's risky, and I'm comfortable with that. If it's downright impossible though, I'd much rather stay here.

Anybody there right now who can tell me if I'm just plain out of luck here?

Also, might I have an easier time of it if I head to Koh Tao instead?

No problem to find a room from 23 December and keep until you want. With the exception of the big resort and hotels, most of guest house work on the first-come-first serve politic.

Yes, most of place charge the high season price from around Christmas to January or February.

No problem to find a room from 23 December and keep until you want. With the exception of the big resort and hotels, most of guest house work on the first-come-first serve politic.

Yes, most of place charge the high season price from around Christmas to January or February.

same for Samui. The times of full bookings even on end of year is gone forever, too many new resorts....

I was trying to book rooms for friends and a lot of places said that they were telling people they were full up because they prefer walk ins around xmas and new year as they are easier to manage, reckon you should be fine, but make sure you get your ass covered for NY...

interesting thread, now on samui for a break and was planning to go unannounced to KP on 29th and try to find a place as a walk up, sounds like it should be ok - here on samui i know there is a lot of empty rooms, no bother to find a spot here.

BTW does anyone know if there ever was car ferry service from samui to KP direct? wanted to take the vehicle but seems only way is samui-donsak-KP-donsak-samui and that is hardly worth it. bothe seatran and raja said they have no service - is there maybe another service that does this?

thanks

k