Trying To Find Ssd Retailer Anywhere In Thailand.

ManInSurat

I bought my 120GB OCZ Vertex Series 3-4 months ago from JIB "High-end" Shop on 4th Floor, Pantip Plaza at the exit to the parking garage. It was 15,400 Baht, which was the lowest price in the market. Typical reads are at 200 MB/s and writes at 150 MB/s

Depending on your budget, if you like the best performer in the market, go for Samsung 256GB SSD on eBay. I had witnessed it reading at 230 MB/s and writing at 200 MB/s on a friend's laptop.

I bought my 120GB OCZ Vertex Series 3-4 months ago from JIB "High-end" Shop on 4th Floor, Pantip Plaza at the exit to the parking garage. It was 15,400 Baht, which was the lowest price in the market. Typical reads are at 200 MB/s and writes at 150 MB/s

Depending on your budget, if you like the best performer in the market, go for Samsung 256GB SSD on eBay. I had witnessed it reading at 230 MB/s and writing at 200 MB/s on a friend's laptop.

Intel GEN2 seem to be the best overall performing (Random) available in Pantip and Fortune. or just order from owc.

Hi guys and thanks for the replies and stolid I'm definitely feeling your frustration there!

I ended up on Jedi's (jedicool.com) website as someone here has already mentioned and they have one Intel 80GB X25-M SSD on offer for 8,900 so I decided to get that in the face of no real alternatives.

As far as 1TB+ HDs are concerned I'd take a look at Jedi too stolid they do stock them - 4,470 for a Seagate 1.5TB SATA II and there are cheaper alternatives.

From what I have heard they're a reputable company well vouched for in a sticky here somewhere and by other members and they also converse in English relatively well. Which sounds good.

Anyway putting my order through today, will return to this thread when I've seen how well they get everything done. Thank God the postal service in Thailand is actually very good!

Thanks againt to the rest of you for your useful replies.

The Intel X-25M G2 pretty much owns the competition for now. You need to look at the small random read/write speeds. Intel wins in all categories there, but trounces the competition completely in small random write where Intel has 35MB/s and the closest competitor, OCZ Vertex, has 10 (!).

See here: http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=3607&p=4

I ended up on Jedi's (jedicool.com) website as someone here has already mentioned and they have one Intel 80GB X25-M SSD on offer for 8,900 so I decided to get that in the face of no real alternatives.

Is this the G2? Does the model number end in G1 or G2? If it's the G2, then this is actually a pretty good price! Same as US retail.

Either G1 or G2, they're great performers, faster than anything else out there. So - good (no) choice! :)

Ok, a quick update to this thread.

I ended up buying with Jedi Cool (jedicool.com) and got my SSD today, I ordered and paid for it on 24th Dec and received the EMS paper slip to my house yesterday and picked it up from the regional Surat Post Office today!

Total cost for SSD was ฿8,900 with an extra ฿100 for EMS/P&P.

A quick note on Jedi Cool, they are very Jedi like, in the respect that I ordered from their price list, emailed them with the order, paid by ATM transfer K-bank to their BBL. They gave me no notification of receiving the money, nor that the order had been processed. I just got the item without any notice that I would be getting it. Which was a bit strange!

Anyway it's much smaller than I anticipated it being and luckily enough for me it was the Gen 2! So there's a result.

Here's an image of the new toy I am just about to try out.

photo0002n.jpg

Well, I can see you already got one, but for anyone else, there is also a great shop in Pantip, on the 4th floor (in the center aisle of the back/parking-garage side of the building) that carries these.

Name of the shop is "Compute and More", their website is: www.computeandmore.com

They definitely have the Intel X18-M in stock, and they will order anything you want if they don't have it in stock. Their website shows the the Intel X18 and X25, both Gen2 (which supports the "TRIM" command to avoid degradation), starting at 9,600 baht.

I've built two Home Theater PCs (HTPCs), one with a high-end gaming card, with all the components from that store (except the cases, which were from another shop, and they got me a slight discount on those even), and when my ATI Graphics card went wierd on me after 5 months (the card's fan would always run at max), I took it back, and they swapped it out for new one of the same model (eg, they honor warranties, etc).

Cheers, and hope the new drive you got works out - sounds like Jedi is also a good choice!