F5e Jet Fighter Crashes In Ubon Ratchathani

webfact

F5E jet fighter crashes in Ubon Ratchathani

Ubon Ratchathani - A F5E jet fighter crashed in this northeastern province Wednesday, killing the pilot.

The plane crashed in Ban Kengkheng in Tambon Kengkheng in Ubon Ratchathani's Kudkhaopoon disstrict at 11:30 am.

Police said the pilot was killed.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/12/23

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

R.I.P.

Thought it has been a bit quiet the last couple of days. Any idea what went wrong?

They usually fly over my house, in circles, all day, round and round and round. I tell you, if any hostile air force ever flies an aircraft into Ubon airspace and tries to do a circle... they've had it! Circle masters here! :)

the thai pilots are only doing exactly the same as the usaf used to do when they were based in ubon,flying mock strafing runs along the amnat to muk road, bombing friendly camps on the way with toilet tissues and we the phantoms visiting cards,pity about the dead pilot though :)

Sad news. A very old airframe, last F5Es were produced in 1987. The RTAF was to replace all their F5s in 2011. Not soon enought for this poor pilot. RIP

Those 6 (now sadly 5) jets come over our house occasionally near Kantaralak - presumably on their way to do a ritual scare of Cambodian troops at Praa Wihan!

When you are sitting outside MeMock's place (Peppers) in Ubon, enjoying your breakfast, it can be pretty scary when they all decide to land in sequence - they come about 100 feet directly over your head.