Corruption In Thailand On The Rise

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a motorbike stolen and went to the cop shop for some help and more importantly a letter to confirm the bike was stolen for the insurance.

After sitting about for a few hours I was ushered up to a desk where the cop asked what I wanted. I told him my bike had been stolen and needed a letter for the insurance. He said don't you want your bike back? I said of course it's new but what is the chance of that? He said give me 1000 baht Diesel money and I will personally drive to a few places where it could be. I said OK and you give me a letter as well just in-case you don't find it? He said yes.

So I gave him the 1000 baht and he immediately walked away telling me to wait 5 mins. He returned with a shopping bag from 7/11 full of goodies and shared them amongst his colleagues.

He typed me out the letter and said he would call me if he found the bike. He just blagged me for a 1000 baht so he could go to 7/11, not buy Diesel to go find my bike! It was a good one I give him that, cheeky bas%$ard!

They must have had a hel_l of a good laugh after you left.

Edited by Garry9999

So how would a Thai go about making complaint about a corrupt policeman, There life would not be worth living

from the article "National Anti-Corruption Commission member, Vicha Mahakhun, said 2,933 complaints filed with the agency were mostly against police officers"

stick to your guns and you might win