Printer/copier Problem

paulfr

I have a printer/copier problem.

HP5510 All-In-One Printer/Copier/Scanner/Fax

When I print of even just run a simple copy, it take literally 10 minutes to finish printing/copying.

I checked maybe I was set for super high resolution/quality but that isn't it.

Cold restarted both laptop and printer, even though computer does not appear to be the issue as simple copying has the problem.

Print quality is fine when it finally finishes ..... so not a low cartridge or ink problem I think. Plus no message warning on low ink levels.

Windows/System/Hardware Manager say printer is ok.

Anyone seen this symptom before and have a suggestion as to what it might be ??

Thanks

A friend had the same problem.

His printer did not have its own built in memory and so was using the computers memory.

He went out and bought a Samsung Laser printer which was cheaper than buying more memory.

He nows prints at 14ppm, it really flies out, and toner is very cheap.

I've always used HP inkjets, and still do. I'd suggest uninstalling the printer driver and installing it again. If that doesn't help, it's probably a memory problem. Are you printing a full-color photo, or what?

OK, visit Pantip and got new cartridges.

Plug em in and the printer works like a champ now.

I never thought a bad or low cartridge would result in such a symptom because when it did print, it looked fine. Maybe it is smart enough to slow down to milk the last bit of ink out.

BTW, my same printer is still there one year later for sale new at 1000B cheaper than last year. And the cartidges cost me 2200 Baht, one 5th the cost of the printer itself. HP knows how to make money !!!!

JFYI ....

Edited by paulfr

My mantra is: Never buy multifunction, never buy multifunction, neve... I've seen 5 multifunction devices from various manufacturers, and have absolutely nothing good to say about them. Headaches galore.

HP has always incorporated the print head into its inkjet cartridges. The good is that you change the head every time you change the cartridge, resulting in less problems with head clogging. The bad is that this is more expensive and forces HP to aggregate 3 colors into one cartridge (making it even more expensive... one color in three depleted means changing the whole cartridge). This makes HP the champ in terms of consumables cost... you'll pay about twice as much as Canon (the cheapest) for cartridges.