My Finished Isaan Bungalow Part 4 With Price

Hi there!

Firs of, i would like to congratulate you and your family for the new house! It looks really nice.

I also would like to thank you for sharing pics and prices. THX!

The thing is, i'm about to lease a resort on koh maak in spetember 2010, the contract is for 10years and a 5 year option. I know the owner way back, we have done some business before...

I'm going to build maybe 3 or 4 new bungalows,,, concrete, bricks, cement, tails, windows etc etc etc, like yours but much smaller... Today there are 5 very bad looking bungalows, 2 of them in concrete, bricks and so on, and 3 made out of wood. I'm thinking abot renovating the old ones and build 3 new ones...

I'm a carpenter and i have my own business here in Sweden, i have long experience on building houses etc... But what i don't have is the prices for materials, the labor is not a problem at this point,,, well/or it depends on the definition of problems I guess :) … I mean the price for labor is not a problem…

I will, as you pinpointed, keep an eye on the construction while it proceeds, I also know from friends about all the problems it can cause if not keeping an eye at the construction site...

The prices are hard for me to find, surfing the internet from Sweden, so I wonder if you or someone seeing this, might help me to get some links for materials? I would highly appreciate some help on this area?

Thank you very much

/Jumalauta

Juma, you might want to check out these links:

Thai Bungalow31 (Oops, should be 33)

Thai Bungalow 32

Thai Bungalow 31

These are free plans published by the Thai government. If you click around the website:

Dept. of Something or other

you'll find quite a few plans with detailed instructions in Thai. The site hasn't been upgraded in several years, so any prices the quote will need to be bumped up some, but Thai builders and the local authorities should be familiar with these plans.