Reputable Electrician Around Buri Ram

Disting

Hi all

Does anyone know of a reputable house electrician in or around Buri Ram. I am getting small shocks off my PC and other electrical devices so I know its an earth issue. I want to find someone who does more than twist wires together as a connection if you catch my drift.

Ta

I have the same problem and been told I just have to live with it so I am follow your thread with much interest.

You don't have to live with it.

When I lived in my wife's parents house for a while, none of the sockets were earthed, causing the same problem with my PC.

To fix, you can get a length of copper rod, bury it as far down into the ground outside the house. Run a wire from this rod to the earth loop on the PC case. Job done.

Of course, when I built my own house I had the whole place earthed properly with three pin sockets.

I'm sure you can probably do the same thing for other electrical goods, like the washing machine or shower for instance.

Totster :)

I had this same problem (in my case because I had only initially used what was effectively a 2-pin plug) and a connection of the case to earth is indeed the solution. I actually had proper earth wiring throughout the house, but hadn't bothered to get the adaptors to join a Euro style plug to Thai style 3-pin sockets. This also cures minor shocks off washing machines. The earth rods can be purchased cheaply from places like HomePro or HomeMart - go for 8 feet not the shorter ones. You might get better advice on the DIY section of the forum moderated by Crossy.