Wenger Hails Rory Delap!

whichschool

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has proposed the radical suggestion of scrapping throw-ins in favour of kick-ins.

The experienced French tactician is unhappy some clubs gain an unfair advantage from having a long-thrower in their starting XI.

Wenger specifically pinpoints Stoke's Rory Delap who is able to hurl the ball into an opponents' penalty area from the sidelines.

The Gunners boss believes it is an unfair advantage and that the playing field would be levelled by simply allowing players to kick the ball back into play.

As well as levelling the playing field, Wenger thinks that it would speed up the game and make the spectacle all the more exciting.

continued.... http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5803895,00.html

I never thought i would hear such an intelligent man say having Rory Delap in ones team is an unfair advantage, im sure Stoke would swap him for Fabregas, Van Persie and several million to even things up.

That truly is incredible... :D

To be honest Singhy it is typical Wenger, who has an aversion to any team that has or shows any physical presence within their game, or play to set pieces. Throw ins are part of the game, so what he is saying is total nonsense - he's obviously been hitting the Whine(sic) pretty hard again. :)

To be honest Singhy it is typical Wenger, who has an aversion to any team that has or shows any physical presence within their game, or play to set pieces. Throw ins are part of the game, so what he is saying is total nonsense - he's obviously been hitting the Whine(sic) pretty hard again. :)

That's why i said it was unreal, Wenger's not a Doughnut but he said that..

That's why i said it was unreal, Wenger's not a Doughnut but he said that..

Haven't looked at the fixture list yet, but are Arse playing Stoke, Blackburn or Bolton in the next week or so? If so, that's why he is lining up his excuses.