Ip Star Satellite Internet Connection

AartLiberty

About 30 months I used an IP Star Internet Connection through TOT, at the start the only possibility to connect to the internet with an Apple computer. When during June 2009 connection felt away regularly I checked the internet speed of my connection. I paid a monthly fee of Baht 2878,30 for a 24/7 connection 1024/512Kbps speed. When checking the speed I found out that even half the speed I paid for, was not reached. An IP Star manager confirmed that is was true, only in the middle of the night the speed would come close to what you are paying for.

E-mails sent to TOT were not answered, even to letters no response has been given. And even if you try to phone them, you will have to speak Thai, because English conversation is out of the question. So avoid this extremely expensive internet connection, meanwhile there are very cheap connections possible with a Huawei USB Mobile Connect Modem from DTAC or AIS. For instance DTAC offers a similar speed as TOT and you can choose for a 250 hours a month internet package for 500 Baht. Avoid IP Star.

Edited by AartLiberty