Blue Tax Form Lost - Transferring Money Out

I now realise I cannot transfer money out of Thailand when I sell my condo as the previous owner (now not around) went to the desk and paid the tax and kept the form - I didnt realise how important it was - is there a way out? a dulpicate form?

Help please

I would have thought that when you sell the condo You will need to pay tax and this is the form you need to show, probably why he kept the one before.

This is just a guess mind, but seems to make sense to me more than being required to show tax payed from the slae of someone elses condo.

Does anyone know the rules about thai people transferring money out of the country?

I would have thought that when you sell the condo You will need to pay tax and this is the form you need to show, probably why he kept the one before.

This is just a guess mind, but seems to make sense to me more than being required to show tax payed from the slae of someone elses condo.

Does anyone know the rules about thai people transferring money out of the country?

Yes... but... I wanted to transfer other funds beyond the particular condo I sold - would have been useful to have several blue forms which, when added together, came to a larger amount - NOW I know that I should not allow sellers to show a lower price as it can cause problems - I had no idea before and the wonderful Thai agents never tell you anything apart from 'where's my commission khup'!

How many tax forms for the same condo do you think they will allow you to show to transfer money?

When you sell your condo declare teh full value and pay tax on it and you'll be able to send that amount out.

It's the SALE that YOU make that counts, not when you bought.

You miss the point - I own many condos

How many tax forms for the same condo do you think they will allow you to show to transfer money?

When you sell your condo declare teh full value and pay tax on it and you'll be able to send that amount out.

Same rule still applies.

Doesn't matter how many condos you have, when you SELL you get the blue tax slip, when you buy you don't. One slip for 1 condo.

Edit: If you own many I'd have thought you'd have sussed the rules out before now?

Edited by PattayaParent

Same rule still applies.

Doesn't matter how many condos you have, when you SELL you get the blue tax slip, when you buy you don't. One slip for 1 condo.

Edit: If you own many I'd have thought you'd have sussed the rules out before now?

okokok got it... never sold one before so unsure as are most of my farang condo owner friends - they dont exactly make it simple so they? I mean it's Wild West right? why do the authorities lose so many BILLIONS by allowing people to undervalue there sales... ting tong

Ah, so you were the buyer and not the seller, that's slightly different!

Yes... sorry I must have got my wires crossed - I bought and now sold - one thing though I now know the importance of the blue form and (if I want to transfer at some stage) the valuation.

For transferring money out from a condo sale, at Bangkok Bank, they want to see the original of the blue/green tax form issued by the Land Dept office, plus copies, front and back, of the chanote and the transaction document that accompanies the chanote. Thus, to ensure, that I as seller get to keep original of the blue form, the two times I have sold condo units, I specifically have a condition that I as seller am responsible for paying all tax and fees. There then is no argument as to who (purchaser or seller) gets to keep the blue form. I just build the fee structure into the overall price for the condo sale.

With me as seller being responsible for all fees and taxes, on the day of transfer, there's no chance that complications arise as to what transaction value is placed on sale, or the other party disagreeing as to tax/fee amounts, or not bringing sufficient cash to pay the tax/fees.

Works for me anyway.

Surprising to me, the staff at Bangkok Bank Head Office remittance department had zero interest in looking at the copies of the Foreign Exchange Transaction Form showing the monies being imported for the original purchase. This is somewhat understandable since there is no trail as to which FETF went with which condo and for what amount. So the usual advice of other posters here that you have to show the FETF for funds imported is non-applicable, at least for Bangkok Bank, anyway; I haven't done funds export with other banks.