True Internet Application

yabbra

I applied for a true internet package over a month ago now...After filling in the required paperwork they called me a few days later to say a technician would be at my apartment within a week to do whatever they have to do outside the building (already have a line inside my room)....However since then nothing has happened and whenever I call them they keep saying they are waiting to give me a new number for my line or something like that??

Like there is no new numbers available if that makes any sense.

Has anybody else come across this situation?

Waiting for over a month seems a long time to me anyway.

Also can anyone advise on some other internet companies/packages to look at, as I wont be waiting for true much longer?

Thanks in advance to any replies

Cheers

Edited by yabbra

Sounds like your current telephone line isnt a True line, if that is the case they will need/want to connect you upto a True line first... sounds like this is the delay.

When i applied to get True internet at my appartment, i already had a True line there, The process was initiated by filling out the online request form on their website and the True agent called me to confirm all the details the next day... they sent over the Modem with a courier a few days later, who was asked to pick up the paperwork from me etc and then the service was 'turned on' about three days later. The whole process took 1 week.

I do not know what internet you need, otherwise a wireless Huawei USB modem works fine. If you can have a DTAC connection, you will pay 500 Baht for 250 hours a month and a one-time payment for the Huawei modem for around 4000 Baht. The speed will be around 500/256 kbps. For me, living in a rural area with no cable connections, Khon Buri, it works fine.

Aart van Wijngaarden

Khon Buri

Sounds like your current telephone line isnt a True line, if that is the case they will need/want to connect you upto a True line first... sounds like this is the delay.

When i applied to get True internet at my appartment, i already had a True line there, The process was initiated by filling out the online request form on their website and the True agent called me to confirm all the details the next day... they sent over the Modem with a courier a few days later, who was asked to pick up the paperwork from me etc and then the service was 'turned on' about three days later. The whole process took 1 week.

Same connection time for me too, except I have a TOT line (and still have) but I wouldn't give you 10 baht for my line speed today or the last 3 days. Keeps dropping out too, at times for 5 to 10 mins! Usual speed 3 to 5 MBs down to 20 or 30 KBs! Have you had anything like that recently? Maybe just my area and the holidays. I have had no complaints to speak of, and pretty good speed and service for near a year now.

True service is horrible.

First time i signed up i got the internet running in 4 days.

Since i moved to a new apartment , it took them 3 weeks just to have it done when there is a phone line ready available.

Back in Singapore when i moved all i had to do was tell the ISP im moving and the next 24hrs the internet was moved to the new place.

Internet in Thailand is such a hassel.

Now i moved again to a permenant apartment True says that they cant move the internet connection after i waited for 3 weeks yet again. So i called up TOT and another ISP company that i want internet installed , they said OK no problem.

Im never going back to True again after all they problems they caused.

Ihave tried 3 different. AIS, TOT and TT&T, as I have now. The last one have been the absolute best company. I have a “pro”subscription. (4/2 MB/sec). It cost about 2.750 THB per month, plus line-rental,107 THB.

Edited by bellste

True service is horrible.

First time i signed up i got the internet running in 4 days.

Since i moved to a new apartment , it took them 3 weeks just to have it done when there is a phone line ready available.

Back in Singapore when i moved all i had to do was tell the ISP im moving and the next 24hrs the internet was moved to the new place.

Internet in Thailand is such a hassel.

Now i moved again to a permenant apartment True says that they cant move the internet connection after i waited for 3 weeks yet again. So i called up TOT and another ISP company that i want internet installed , they said OK no problem.

Im never going back to True again after all they problems they caused.

It's really weird how so many people get such a different response from True. I have had very good service and help from them. Had a technician out twice to sort some problem. He knew what he was doing and wouldn't take the 100 baht tip I offered him! Both times I called in the morning and he was out by lunchtime the first time and 3.00 pm the second. Maybe it is because I speak fluent Thai - but I cant be the only one able to speak Thai. thebom

ADSL Internet runs on your existing telephone line. The Telephone Company does not need to call. At the Exchange they just partition your line, part for voice and the rest of the space, currently unused is converted to a digital channel for Internet traffic. Once this is done and tested it's up to you to buy an ADSL Modem or Wireless Router + a Splitter device to reduce line noise. Then connect the the phone and modem into the Splitter and the Spitter at the other end to the telephone wall socket. The Telephone Comany should tell you how to connect the ADSL Modem for use over the Internet.

It's largely DIY these days so if you are still uncertain buy a good computer magazine on the subject. Calling out an Engineer these days is an uneccessy expense.