4.8L (fuel capacity)

PCXi (Fuel Injection)

124.9cc

13.5PS@9000rpm

9.5Kw

11.10Nm@7000rpm

125kg(dry weight)

6.2L(fuel capacity)

Up to you to decide which one is better in the real world.

This depends on where you buy it. Some have been quoted up to 74,000TBH

The official list price including first year insurance and registration is 69,800TBH - most, including us, have rounded it to 70,000TBH. No discounts I'm afraid.

There doesn't seem to be that much difference. How does that work out on a per kg scale? Probably a stupid question, by I acknowledge my own ignorance in respect of vehicle mechanics and the like.

My question is thus: if the PCXi get's some 30% better economy than the regular Click or whatever (which IIRC is over 40 km/L or 2,5 L/100 km) than how long does it take for those savings (which according to my calculations is at most some 26 THB per 100 km) in fuel economy to equal out what you pay in original purchase?

My question is thus: if the PCXi get's some 30% better economy than the regular Click or whatever (which IIRC is over 40 km/L or 2,5 L/100 km) than how long does it take for those savings (which according to my calculations is at most some 26 THB per 100 km) in fuel economy to equal out what you pay in original purchase?

About 257 years, 4 months, and 2.5 days, but then you're comparing a Click (= Toyota Yaris) to a PCX (= BMW 3 series)

My appologies, i need to learn to read.

It was a fax to the shop from Honda Thailand after we requested the power outputs for the PCXi. Then translated from thai to english for my benefit.

The power output for the PCXi is not 13.5PS

13PS/9.5KW@9000rpm

About 257 years, 4 months, and 2.5 days, but then you're comparing a Click (= Toyota Yaris) to a PCX (= BMW 3 series)

Not quite that long I'm afraid, but you do have a valid point for those of us that can afford the '3 series'. I was more looking at the larger market (Thais who average 1/6 or so of the minimum monthly earnings for expats).

Not quite that long I'm afraid, but you do have a valid point for those of us that can afford the '3 series'. I was more looking at the larger market (Thais who average 1/6 or so of the minimum monthly earnings for expats).

Yes, there's the rub........it remains to be seen how well this bike will sell in Thailand ? Honda see it as more of a global bike though ?

Recently sold my non-fi Airblade and replaced it with a new Nouvo Elegance and very happy. Was tempted by the Pcxi but the main thing that swung it, and one that I don't think has been mentioned yet, is it's too big for your average Thai female. My partner uses our bike just as much as me and the Airblade and Nouvo are just about OK for her to ride while the Pcxi is just too big and heavy.

May have bought the Pcxi if it was just for me but so far so good with the Nouvo so not disappointed. Went for the black/brown option with mag wheels and was 55k all in. No cons but the silver outline of the instrument panel is like a mirror and reflects the sun. That's it.

Just bought the gold PCX. Love the ride, very stable/safe with the wide wheel base and big wheels. I test drove a 2008 NE with the standard tires and didn't feel the same confidence.

With the PCX idle stop on, anyone know the effect on battery life since the headlight remains on with the engine off?

I'm over 6 foot tall and the backrest is a little too forward on the seat for comfort. Hopefully Honda will offer an optional backrest that allows another 1-2 inches. I plan to call Honda to request it after the holiday.

Happy New Year!

Edited by disneyj

Just bought the gold PCX. Love the ride, very stable/safe with the wide wheel base and big wheels. I test drove a 2008 NE with the standard tires and didn't feel the same confidence.

With the PCX idle stop on, anyone know the effect on battery life since the headlight remains on with the engine off?

I'm over 6 foot tall and the backrest is a little too forward on the seat for comfort. Hopefully Honda will offer an optional backrest that allows another 1-2 inches. I plan to call Honda to request it after the holiday.

Happy New Year!

with a 12volt 5 A battery, the lifetime must be reduced much with headlights still on at every idle stop. But there is a switch to avoid idle stop when driving short trips