Book Donations Needed

Sao Jiang Mai

Every week I send 10-15 English or other European language books to the farang prisoners in Bangkwang as per their request. Basically though they tend to prefer science fiction novels, I have been told that they will read anything. Apparently their library of 1000++ books has recently been cut back to contain only 50, and they are desperate to read. So, if you have any spare books I would be so grateful if you could donate them to us so that we can send them down. Please pm me for details. Cheers! Pim

Thanks Sally and George, how kind of you! I basically have one guy, Gary Graeme Jones who I correspond with regularly. A fascinating and intelligent man, who admittedly, DID try to smuggle heroin out of the country, however, I do feel for their awful conditions and how they are teated. He says he shares his books with the guys in his block which are anywhere between 5-10 I believe. So, thank you so much al! George, I am running out of our last donated lot so anytime in the new year you can spare any, would be wonderful. Sally, will pm you now. Thanks, have a lovely new year. PIm

Most of the books I'd have for giveaway are teenage childrens' books, as I tend to keep most of the books I buy for myself.

I do have some air travel reading material, thrillers and such, so PM me where to send them.

Also, I'd be happy to printout short stories from the New Yorker and such and send them along.

I have some copies of Ronnie Biggs, the Idiots Guide On How to Escape From a High Security Prison – English & Thai versions.

For some reason this book is the number one prisoners choice in the UK.

Let me know if you`re interested?

Edited by BigWheelMan

Most of the books I'd have for giveaway are teenage childrens' books.

There are lots of wonderful books for children that age that an adult would also enjoy - especially an adult with nothing to do. :)

Yeah, probably. Pim's welcome to those as well then. let me know where to drop them off.