Unsafe at work: Thai experts sound the alarm on Mental Health Day

3. 53

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

4. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

5. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

6. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

7. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

8. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

9. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

10. 563

White Culture

11. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

12. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

13. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

14. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

Ssr/gtr New Year Ride To Nan And Beyond!

BigBikeBKK

Sawasdee Pii Mai Khrap! Greetings from Nan!

122809Ride8ZmSSR.jpg

Great ride up from Bangkok with Thom on Kawasaki ER6n and Rich on Ducati Monster.

122809RideSmSSR.jpg

Hooked up with Chris on his Honda Phantom in Den Chai and Franz here in Nan on his FJR1300.

122809Ride2ZmSSR.jpg

Just arrived, need to run and meet the guys to figure out where we're going tomorrow.

122809Ride4SmSSR.jpg

Happy Trails,

Tony

Great ride yesterday from Nan to Doi Phu Kha and then up along the Thai-Lao border. Definitely the road less traveled up there!

122909RideMap.jpg

Getting ready to leave Nan-

122909Bikes1Sm.jpg

Entering Doi Phu Kha National Park-

122909DoiPhuKa650RSm.jpg

122909DoiPhuKaBikesSm.jpg

Awesome roads, very little traffic, and stunning views!

122909DoiPhuKa650RViewSm.jpg

More to come!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Nice and cool LivinLOS, but thankfully not cold with thick morning fog like it was a few weeks ago.

Here are some photos from the Lam Doo Daw viewpoint in Doi Phu Kha National Park yesterday-

122909DoiPhuKa2Sm.jpg

122909DoiPhuKa3Sm.jpg

I was so very pleasantly surprised to discover that someone planted some Japanese cherry trees up there, and we were lucky enough to be there when they were in bloom. Beautiful Hanami icon_biggrin.gif

122909DoiPhuKaHanamiSm.jpg

Nice clear day with better visibility and views than when we were there a few weeks ago.

122909DoiPhuKaView1Sm.jpg

Bo Klua to Chalerm Prakiat next!

122909LaoBorderSm.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

The ride is over, and what a ride it was! About ~2500km in 5 days- Awesome! 125.gif

So, picking up where we last left off- Bo Klua to Chalerm Prakiat in the no-man's land along the Thai-Lao border:

BoKluaChalermPrakiatMap.jpg

Wow, I think I'm going to call this the "Undiscovered Country". It's apparent that other than the locals this is a road seldom traveled. Stunning scenery and a road that is in need of some TLC...

122909Rt1081BoKluaSm.jpg

Still, while parts were in terrible shape, there were also some stretches that were in fine condition.

Just take it easy and mind the gravel and potholes. wink.gif

122909Rt1081BoKlua1Sm.jpg

Amazing views! 130.gif

122909ViewSm.jpg

122909View1Sm.jpg

122909ViewBikesSm.jpg

The Ninja 650R handled it all without complaint- undecided.gif

122909Ninja650RViewSm.jpg

The Ducati Monster is a thirsty girl- :)

122909MonsterGasSm.jpg

Be advised that there are no real gas stations anywhere along the Thai-Lao border between Bo Klua and Chalerm Prakiat... This will have to do-

122909MonsterGas1Sm.jpg

A few more random pics-

122909Rt1081Pic4Sm.jpg

122909Rt1081650RZm.jpg

While the distance wasn't that far, it was a very challenging ride- some of the guys were a bit beat 19.gif

122909ZzzzzSm.jpg

We didn't get back to Nan until after dark!

122909ChalermPrakiatSm.jpg

What a great day! More to come! 6.gif

Tony, SSR an rest ofthe Bkk huligans,, have fun and keep us updated,,it was fun last time with you guys,, lets do it agin soon,,,when is Cambo trip tony?

Cheers Marco! Awesome ride- you would have loved it! Not sure when we're doing the Cambo run- will have to talk to the rest of the crew and figure it out. Hope you can join us!

BTW, I took Franz's FJR1300 for a spin- wow, what an amazing bike! Despite it's size and weight it handles with amazing confidence and precision- I understand you're looking for a replacement for the Panzer Wagon- you should take an FJR 1300 for a spin- I think you will be impressed! HAPPY NEW YEAR and look forward to seeing you again soon! Tony

Tony, SSR an rest ofthe Bkk huligans,, have fun and keep us updated,,it was fun last time with you guys,, lets do it agin soon,,,when is Cambo trip tony?

Cheers Marco! Awesome ride- you would have loved it! Not sure when we're doing the Cambo run- will have to talk to the rest of the crew and figure it out. Hope you can join us!

BTW, I took Franz's FJR1300 for a spin- wow, what an amazing bike! Despite it's size and weight it handles with amazing confidence and precision- I understand you're looking for a replacement for the Panzer Wagon- you should take an FJR 1300 for a spin- I think you will be impressed! HAPPY NEW YEAR and look forward to seeing you again soon! Tony

Good to hear tny that everything went smoothly,,and NO im NOT looking to change,,m looking for 2nd bike,, still wanna keep the tank it's a good bike but lack of power if i need to go "faster"

The scenery looks great!
villagefarang: I see my Fire-Phantom in the mix, there. How in the world does he keep up with you guys?

Yer, how does it??? :)

LOL- well, he always leaves before us, then we catch up and pass him, and then we all stop at the next view point or junction to give him a chance to catch up. He was only with us from Den Chai to Nan, and then for the ride from Nan to Chalerm Prakiat the following day and it worked out pretty well actually as that road was quite gnarly in spots requiring everyone to take it slow and easy.

122909ChalermPrakiatBikes1Sm.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

hey tony, nice pics....the very 1st pic, is that your er6f? what bag have you got strapped to it? looks waterproof

Anthony! Happy New Year my man! Long time no see! Hope you are well.

Yes- that's my Ninja 650R (ER6f) in the first pic and I've been using a 15 liter dive bag for over a year now as my touring "luggage". (Ever since the Givi top box broke off my ER6n and nearly ended me...)

Works great though for trips of this length I think perhaps I should upsize to a 20 liter bag :)

When's the last time you've been out on the R1? I'm planning to ride up north again before the end of the month- would be great if you could join us!

Ride On!

Tony

hey tony, nice pics....the very 1st pic, is that your er6f? what bag have you got strapped to it? looks waterproof

Anthony! Happy New Year my man! Long time no see! Hope you are well.

Yes- that's my Ninja 650R (ER6f) in the first pic and I've been using a 15 liter dive bag for over a year now as my touring "luggage". (Ever since the Givi top box broke off my ER6n and nearly ended me...)

Works great though for trips of this length I think perhaps I should upsize to a 20 liter bag :)

When's the last time you've been out on the R1? I'm planning to ride up north again before the end of the month- would be great if you could join us!

Ride On!

Tony

happy new year!!!!!

been a while, i've been back for a couple weeks now but have had my sis n her family in town, been playing tour guide. went for a couple quick city rips on the R1 but that's about it. ooh also put my plate on FINALLY!

looks like i'll be off to Prague again shortly so no riding in january for me :D