Speed Boat From Khanom To Koh Samui?

callum06

Found this today .....

A speed boat carrying eight Norwegian tourists to Koh Samui in Surat Thani capsized Monday afternoon and the tourists were safely rescued, police said.

The accident happened at about 2:50 pm when the boat was between Nakhon Si Thammarat's Khanom district and Surat Thani's Samui district.

The speed boat left the Don Sak pier heading to Samui and capsized apparently because of high seas, police said.

The boat driver and an assistant were rescued along with the five male and three female tourists.

I know you used to be able to but that was a while ago. The ferry is better from Donsak - slower, sure but at least you can have a beer on the way over and hopefully getthere in one piece.

Found this today .....
A speed boat carrying eight Norwegian tourists to Koh Samui in Surat Thani capsized Monday afternoon and the tourists were safely rescued, police said.

The accident happened at about 2:50 pm when the boat was between Nakhon Si Thammarat's Khanom district and Surat Thani's Samui district.

The speed boat left the Don Sak pier heading to Samui and capsized apparently because of high seas, police said.

The boat driver and an assistant were rescued along with the five male and three female tourists.

I know you used to be able to but that was a while ago. The ferry is better from Donsak - slower, sure but at least you can have a beer on the way over and hopefully getthere in one piece.

Oh no :) better with the slow ferry then.

Oh no :) better with the slow ferry then.

Don Sak pier (if I remember correctly) isn't very far from Khanom. I believe Khanom is actually closer to Don Sak than the center of Surat Thani town is to Don Sak which is where many tour buses to Koh Samui depart from.