Phuket Tuk-tuk Driver Attacks French Family

webfact

Never been to Phuket and probably never will go there. Stayed in Pattaya

for long periods and never had any trouble off pick up taxi or motorbike

taxi drivers. The motorbike taxi drivers do seem to have a gang like mentality

and i am sure they get up to other things other than taxi driving but they

give locals and tourists space and generally behave themselves.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathetic people, elite scabs doing their best to promote Thailand. All Phukets tuk tuks should be fitted with cameras to monitor their behaviour, the cameras should have a memory on a 48 hour loop, something digital that cant be tampered with.....that would really teach these twits for farting in church. Would also make some entertaining YOUTUBE footage. :)

When the Danish Embassy advised their citizens not to shop in airport duty free it blew the scam wide open and the authorities had to be seen to do something or lose face.

One would hope the French Embassy or goverment would issue a warning to their citizens to avoid Phuket because of danger of violence from tuk tuk drivers it might get the powers that be off their asses and tackle the problem. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone say anything positive about any tuk-tuk anywhere in Thailand?

They are noisy, dirty (terrible pollution!) , rude, dangerous, dishonest and all around bad news.

I guess it may be part of Thailand's identity, but I feel they should make Tuk Tuks a thing of the the nostalgic past.

I hate Tuk Tuks in Patong, lived in Phuket for 16 years just had to leave 6 mths ago enough is enough, but the Tuk Tuks in Phuket Town are not the same as Patong that is for sure 100 baht for a fair ride.

And how do they know not there to park?

No 'no parking sign', so they can park there. And in any case, this kind of behaviour is inexcusable.

Agreed!

This story explains the surprise of a guy I was talking to, he had a holiday home in Phuket but had taken a trip up to Chiangmai, he was asking about the local transportation when I told him that you can go anywhere in Chiangmai in a Song Taew (red pick-up taxi) for 20 baht he almost fell over in disbelief, he explained his surprise by saying that it was a lot cheaper than Phuket.

I put the Tuk Tuk's in the same class as an elephant ride, something you do once as a tourist just to say you have been in one then that's it!

They are uncomfortable death traps which pollute everything within 100 yards.

Regardless of who was in the wrong it is an assault on a family of tourists pure and simple and another nail in the LoS tourism industry, the sad thing is I suspect everything will be forgotten once the tourist return home.