Subway Sandwiches

dcjp

^ The bread is zero nutritional value and the mayo adds the fat.

non nutritional bread, so no wheat, barley flour,sugar. no such thing as non nutritional bread. mayo is optional extra.

Subway

6" Wheat Bread

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 serving (78g) 6 inch

Amount Per Serving

Calories from Fat 20Calories 210

% Daily Values*

Total Fat 2g 3%

Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%

Trans Fat 0g

Cholesterol 0mg 0%

Sodium 410mg 17%

Total Carbohydrate 42g 14%

Dietary Fiber 4g 16%

Sugars 3g

Protein 8g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 10%

Calcium 4% Iron 15%

Edited by NALAK

The Newtrition corporation had started small, eleven years ago. A small team of food scientists, a

huge team of marketing and public relations personnel, and a neat logo.

Two years of Newtrition investment and research had produced CHOW. CHOW® contained spun,

plaited, and woven protein molecules, capped and coded, carefully designed to be ignored by even the

most ravenous digestive tract enzymes; no-cal sweeteners; mineral oils replacing vegetable oils; fibrous

materials, colorings, and flavorings. The end result was a foodstuff almost indistinguishable from any

other except for two things. Firstly, the price, which was slightly higher, and secondly the nutritional

content, which was roughly equivalent to that of a Sony Walkman. It didn't matter how much you ate,

you lost weight. [And hair. And skin tone. And, if you ate enough of it long enough, vital signs.]

From Good Omens ... Enjoy :)

Edited by Phil Conners

Never ever been in there - nor very fond of - yes indeed overpriced A.

if I want a sandwich where there is nothing to complain about I get the ingredients from Tesco - Salad Bar, whole wheat bread, multi grain or a baquette... diverse cold cuts... and make it myself and enjoy it at home , without hussle and bustle...

i am not a fan of the subway meat, however the honey oat bread with a load of mix veg is delicious and a very good value.

HE-LLL YEAH!

A sandwich is a sandwich and anyone here who doesn't like sandwiches is shunning the foundations of Western civilisation.

I bet there's hardly a person on this forum who didn't eat sandwiches with 1/4 the quality of bread, variety of fillings, or deliciousness of sauces all through childhood- LET ALONE through uni, and even at work back home, as what a subway sandwich offers.

My choice is honey oat, with roast beef, subway melt, or chicken fillets, lettuce onion tomato capsicum olives & jalapenos, and LOADS of southwest sace.

Get the bread toasted if they have a toaster, with the cheese melted into the meat, then add the veg and sauce, eat while still steaming.

Now how many of you ever packed a sandwich for work, uni, or had one packed for your school lunch as a kid?

I only spent four weeks in Thailand and by the end of the 3rd, I was craving bread, big chunks of steak, mayonaise, bacon & eggs, and espresso coffee. I love Thai food, but it's not the be all and end all of culinary delights!

Edited by leemac

A sandwich is a sandwich and anyone here who doesn't like sandwiches is shunning the foundations of Western civilisation.

I bet there's hardly a person on this forum who didn't eat sandwiches with 1/4 the quality of bread, variety of fillings, or deliciousness of sauces all through childhood- LET ALONE through uni, and even at work back home, as what a subway sandwich offers.

My choice is honey oat, with roast beef, subway melt, or chicken fillets, lettuce onion tomato capsicum olives & jalapenos, and LOADS of southwest sace.

Get the bread toasted if they have a toaster, with the cheese melted into the meat, then add the veg and sauce, eat while still steaming.

Now how many of you ever packed a sandwich for work, uni, or had one packed for your school lunch as a kid?

I only spent four weeks in Thailand and by the end of the 3rd, I was craving bread, big chunks of steak, mayonaise, bacon & eggs, and espresso coffee. I love Thai food, but it's not the be all and end all of culinary delights!

Don't ask yourself what the sandwich can do for you, ask what YOU can do for the sandwich.

Not everybody likes Thai food. I don't. Having said that, I think Subway is to sandwiches what Mc Donalds is to burgers, a cheap, poor, unhealthy version of something that wasn't originally bad.

Comparing Subway to McD is a little over the top. At least you get vegetables with subway and the meat actually taste like meat. A lot more than you can say about McD.

• 2 weeks later...
Who would have believed such a long thread about a sandwich

And a bad sandwich at that. Subway IS the McDonalds of the sandwich world. Its ridiculous to suggest otherwise. :D

:):D:D

It's no Quizno's but it isn't all that bad. When was the last time you ate at one? This island is full of "nice" places where you can spend 250 baht for something that isn't as good as Subway 69 baht special - and less satisfying.

It's no Quizno's but it isn't all that bad. When was the last time you ate at one? This island is full of "nice" places where you can spend 250 baht for something that isn't as good as Subway 69 baht special - and less satisfying.

I do eat them if I'm in Chaweng late night. You should try Haveli for lunch. Chicken or lamb wraps for 80 Baht. Real food and cheap to boot.

I do eat them if I'm in Chaweng late night. You should try Haveli for lunch. Chicken or lamb wraps for 80 Baht. Real food and cheap to boot.

and Smokie is the Egon Ronay of Samui dining out about five times a day :D

Where is Haveli?

I have tried it. I used to live right next to that place when it was Sloaneys. Of course they open a good restaurant there after I leave. I ordered two types because portions are notoriously small around here if you are getting Indian food for 80 baht. But I was pleasantly surprised to find out they weren't too small. So I ate too much. Now, if they can just offer that 24 hours/day instead of just during lunchtime.

Where is Haveli?

Haveli is an Indian restuarant in Bang Rak, near the Cosmic Bar.

I can't believe the Bauhaus has been replaced by a sandwich shop and an ice cream shop!

The ice cream shop is a winner.

btw for nice chicken baguettes I go to Toms behind outback bar, hot baguettes with nice fillings and reasonable price follwed by a trip to the ice cream shop above :) .

I gotta agree,the ice cream shop has a fantastic menu,ice cream soda mmmmm.Bring on Subway for a late night snack(meatball Baguette!).Who misses the foam party ? Bauhaus died a slow death for the last few years,never changed with the times,bye the way,the new shopping plaza looks great.

Where is Haveli?

Haveli is an Indian restuarant in Bang Rak, near the Cosmic Bar.

And very good it is, too. I go there once a month to satisfy my Indian (English) curry cravings!! :D