Visa Service

hi like to come to thailand and stay with my t.g of 3 years. for 1-2years .i am 50 british live london (15min bus thai embb) have money in bank england and bank thailand no criminal record and in good health.But no good at visa stuff-how,where,when e.g health cert do i get it from my g.p? so been lookin at visathai for some pointers. came across siam international have office london 10min walk from where i work. offer 1year retirement visa,1year nonimmigrant visa at a price so i work one more week lose all the stress.so has eneyone out there used this service or have addvice.comment .can someone recommend a visa service in england (london) thanks.

Pop into the Thai Embassy and pick up the application form.

I think you can also get it on the Internet.

Fill in the form applying for a Non Immigrant O visa, saying you are thinking of retiring here.

As you are over 50 a single entry will do, giving you an initial 3 months,

then with 800,000 baht in the bank in Thailand you can get a one year

extension once you arrive in Thailand.

If you do not want to put the 800K in the bank then ask for the multi-entry

visa. With this you will need to leave the country every 90 days.

Post the form to the consulate in Hull. They will process it for you, almost by return of post.

No need to pay an agent and no need to waste time at the Embassy either. This way no medical or police record report is needed.

It could not be easier.

thanks for your reply have seen a lot of oeople told to send to hull do thay not think it funny live 15min embassy but appling hull ?? looked at application form for multi-entry o visa.

purpose of visit-you say thinking of retiring for this box.

evidence substantiating visit - whot is good for this box??

how long will my health last i do live in pattaya.

You live in London, so go to The Royal Thai Embassy, 29-30 Queensgate, London SW7 5JB. Tel: 020 7589 2944/0173. Tell them you want information and forms about the Non-immigrant visa, Category "O-A" (Long Stay).

To get in, you have to go downstairs from the street - in the basement - and take a ticket from the machine to book your place in the queue. There used to be two machines - one for new applicants (like you) and one for people wanting to collect their passport with the new visa.

Be polite, be calm, and you shouldn't have a problem.

When you have read the forms, we can help you more.

If you apply for the O-A in London you must do it in person and pay UK

fees for the medical and criminal report.

I suggested Hull because it saves you the time at the Embassy.

For a straight O visa there is no medical requirement in the UK,

that is done in Thailand when you extend the visa and will cost you a whole

2 quid, possibly less. No criminal check at all.

It is entirely up to you.

no criminal record and in good health.

In that case I would not recommend staying in Pattaya you might feel out of place.

Good Luck see you in Pattaya :o

I'm confused here - at what point did he say he was going to live in Pattaya?

And why do people keep suggesting Hull. Maybe for the slightly iffier things like a multi-entry 'O' to study "Thai language and culture" - but for a straight retirement visa for someone who meets the criteria (i.e. over 50 with sufficient funds) and who lives 15 minutes from the embassy, why submit your passport to the postal service.

I've never had a problem getting visas from the embassy in London. (and I'm on my 5th one-year multi-entry.)