Multiple-entry Non-immigrant Visa

I am 45 years asian american living in Los Angeles. I wonder wheather the royal thai consulate in LA is willing to issue a Multiple-Entry Non-Immigrant Visa or not? Does anybody has any experience or opinion? Thank you very much!

I am so eager to stay in thailand. But I still have five years to reaching 50 years old. So I plan to get multiple entry non immigrant visa during these five years, then stay with retirement visa. Is this a good idea?

I am so eager to stay in thailand. But I still have five years to reaching 50 years old. So I plan to get multiple entry non immigrant visa during these five years, then stay with  retirement visa. Is this a good idea?

Short of marriage to a Thai National it seems a very good idea .........all you need now is for the Consul to grant you the visa. :o

I am 45 years asian american living in Los Angeles. I wonder wheather the royal thai consulate in LA is willing to issue a Multiple-Entry Non-Immigrant Visa or not? Does anybody has any experience or opinion? Thank you very much!

Unless the situation has changed recently at the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles, you are unlikely to receive any non-immigrant visa, let alone a multiple-entry non-immigrant visa, without all of the supporting paperwork.

Thank you! Ovenman!

So you mean I can't get the visa except I have all the supporting documents. As far as I know, there are so many persons with the same situation like me. We are so eager to live in Thailand, but we are not going there for business, employment, teaching and studying, research, religion or visiting family. Then I suppose my best bet is going to visa service company like Indo-siam or Sunbelt Asia, they will prepare all the supporting documents for the non-immigrant visa or multiple-entry non-immigrant visa. Am I right?

Your best bet is to try an honorary consulate. Houston seems to be a good bet, or at least used to be. These consulates are run by farangs, so if you're half asian, send 'em a picture to lend credence that you're looking for your long lost cousins (might not work if your last name if Fujimoto, however :o )

Seriously, find their email or phone number (easy via google), contact them and tell them, because of your background, you want to research Buddhist culture and hear what they have to say. Your best chance, as LA will only give you a tourist visa.

But if you really are half Thai, you've got a lot more options than the average guy on the street, I'm sure.

Hi Gimgant,

HaHa! If I were the former Peru president-Mori Fujimoto, I believe Thai government will give me the honorary thai citizenship. Anyway, thank you very much. Maybe I better wait more 4.5 years until I turn 50 years old and apply retirement visa. But who knows thai government won't change their criteria of retirement visa then. This is thai!

Yes, Dr. Pa Pong is right. I remember many years ago, I went to thai consulate LA for tourist visa, but they insisted that I bought airline ticket in advance. It was not convenient at all. Unfortunately, I am not a half thai. I better go to visa service company. If I could I would like change my usa nationality with whom has thai nationality. Ha Ha! I am really eager to live in thailand.

Mori if you find out that answer, let me know.. I'm in the same boat. I want the same type of visa.. I don't plan on working in Thailand.. I plan on purchasing a home, but my next visit, I planned on a 3 month trips, but now I'm just trying to figure how about doing it.

Hi Jimgant,

I myself am living in LA currently. Does it not sound strange if I went to Houston consulate or mailed them for visa?

Hi neion2000,

If I figure out something, I will let you know. As I know, If you just need a three months trip, it is very easy just to apply a tourist visa(60 days stay and two extentions for 35 days stay). If you buy a new home more than 3 millions bt from original builder, you could extend your stay to one year. If you are successful in the later case(investment more than 3 millions bt), just let me know, I want to try it too. Thanks!

mori,

I Sent My request to the Denver Thai Consul and before I sent it I sent an email to the Counsel assistant and told her that I wanted a 1 year Multiple Entry Visa and this was her reply

I will need the following to process your Visa request

- Passport

- Visa Application

- 1 Passport Photo

- Money Order for $125 made payable to DW Ringsby

- If applying by mail, a SASE (Express Mail preferred)

You can download the application form at www.thaiembdc.org.

Note she asked for no Letter From a Thai Company so I sent it off yesterday. I have had 4 friends get this visa from the Denver office with out a problem.